The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Can anyone help me search this magician? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
NZBloke
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of NZBloke
I remember maybe 30 or so years ago I saw an item on TV over here in New Zealand. So this magician could be British or American... not sure. These memories are from one view only, so over the years, the memories could be wrong. lol. He was an older gentlemen that played on his age. He pretended to be well past his prime. His suit didn't fit. His hair reminded me of Einstein. His assistant also looked older, but still dressed in a sparkly outfit. He dd a number of things. One example was he got his assistant to lie in a box and as he went to saw her in half, the legs on one end broke. So the table was on an angle and the assistants feet slid out. He reached in the other end to pull her up but pulled his hand back out and he was olding her wig. Anyone know his name? It wasn't the Great Thompsoni or Carl Ballentine. I only ever saw this once and would love to find out who this comedy genius was. Anyone know? Thank you.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1625 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Kohl and Company
visit me @ JNealShow.com
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
NZBloke
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of NZBloke
Ah yes. Thank you so much. Wow, isn't it amazing how one quick viewing of something can stick in your memory but over time change. In my mind I am sure he loked a certain way. Looks different from my memory. lol. Great to finally find out. Thank you.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
After the whole act had "fallen apart", he did a huge BOTANIA, and IT WORKED! The music switched to the HALLELJLAH CHORUS! I worked with Kohl on a couple of conventions. I would NOT have wanted to FOLLOW him~~~!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5haTs6CI44

More Kohl on You Tube - do a search