The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Where's Bill? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of mndude
I was wondering which topic to post this under. So you can imagine I was glad to find the "magicians of old "topic. Does anyone know what happened to Bill (or was it Bob)? Hegbi( or something like that).
He was this old kind of crabby and critical guy, but his input on tricks were excellent when offer it. I haven't seen him around for a while. Has anyone heard from him?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
He's still posting!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Bill is not "crabby". He just tells it 'like it is'.

Bill and I have been friends for several years.

We don't always agree 100%, but, I would much rather have an honest opinion from someone who is qualified to have an opinion!

Being "critical" is not a bad thing. Being hypocritical is a "bad" thing.

We correspond regularly.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
mndude
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of mndude
Awesome! I guess communicating via text only can sometimes give the wrong impressions of the tone. Glad to here he's still around here. He's one of the most knowledgeable and colorful members to read comments from!
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Ah yes, Bob Hebglib!

You probably know this story already, but Dai Vernon had a standing bet that he would write a 450 page inner underground hidden unknown secrets treatise about it if anyone ever performed an effect that he couldn't figure it at first glance.

Well, this one time at the Magic Castle me and Lafayette and Murray and Moe Seidenstein watched as Bob fooled the pants off The Professor with the slickest bra & panties routine we'd ever seen. It was like real magic!

Vernon never did write that bra & panties book!

Yep ... good ol' Bob.