The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Senator Crandall (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I have seen a video of Senator Crandall performing 6 card repeat. I am looking for that again. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
407 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
It is on one of the videos in the Don Alan “Magic Ranch” series.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
BINGO!!! That's where I have seen it before. Thank you for the reminder!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
His card sword was one of the great routines Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
407 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
While we are on the subject of Crandall - I am looking for a photo of Crandall doing the card duck routine that he was famous for. Anyone able to help me with this request?
jhard
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
135 Posts

Profile of jhard
Clark also had a version of the Brainwave Deck that I would love to have again. Lost it in a move from CA to TX. Anybody have one ? Thanks.
Success to all.
David Martin
View Profile
Regular user
East Lyme, CT
118 Posts

Profile of David Martin
I love the few Senator Crandall routines I've learned.

The routines I've come across and studied so far are: Cut-Up Card Trick (From the Ron Bauer Professional Studies series)
An Impossible Tranposition (From W.F. "Rufus" Steele's The Last Word on Cards)
Triple Diviantion (From Steele's 50 Card Tricks)
Double Confusion
Everything's Fair Poker Deal
A Palm Reading Routine (The last three are from his manuscript Meet the Senator!)
Cup and Balls (From The Tarbell Course in Magic Volume 6)
One Hand 6 Card Repeat (From The Tarbell Couse in Magic Volume 6)

Double Confusion and Everything's Fair Poker Deal are in my active repertoire. I absolutely love the way Clarke Crandall presented his magic!

I just caught wind of this: http://www.abbottmagic.com/RECESSION-BUS......book.htm I'm definately going to pick myself up a copy!

David
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, Pete Biro wrote:
His card sword was one of the great routines Smile

Pete! The Senator didn't use a sword, he used a SKIMITAR! hee hee
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
"Now You Can Get The Best of Senator Crandall" is one of my favourite magic books, a compilation of (most) his columns from the New Tops magazine.
He also wrote a short book on Dice Stacking, "How to Stack Dice for Fun and No $"
There's also his magazine Crandall's Comments which ran for seven issues, the last published posthumously.

At a Dublin magic auction, in my teens, I bought some old Abras and that's where I first read about Crandall. He was visiting England and Fabian, the assistant editor of Abra, took Crandall to a local Café. Crandall ordered coffee and after it arrived he put a glass eye into it and called the waitress back, "I think there's something in my coffee," and lifted the top of the eye with his spoon so it looked out of the coffee.

When I saw him on the Magic Ranch, I was delighted that he lived up to my expectations.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Frances Marshall wrote up some of the Honorable Senator's lines. Somewhere, I remember her telling of his working a kid party in a pent house on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. The party room was filled with parents and children all dressed up for the party. (These people had never heard that "famous" line: "Thank you for shopping at K-Mart"!

The Senator's opening line: "If there's one thing I cannot stand, it's a bunch of wet nosed beady eyed moppets staring at me like ferrets in a corn crib!" Parents gasped. His next line" "For my first trick, I need a stupid young man to help me." Kids hands shot up all over the room. One kid said, "Take me, I'm the stupidest!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Dick: I love it! "Ferrets in a corn crib" indeed! "Take me, I'm the stupidest!" I *get* him. I loved that man. I was fortunate to meet him at the Magic Castle and see his infamous "X-Rated" midnight show. The "SKIMITAR" was involved. He sure could "read a line."