The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Best Marlo product you have ever gotten! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Everyone.
What's is your favourite Ed Marlo product you've ever gotten? In my opinion, all of his stuff is great. Among them being his Cardician, Legend DVDs and Revolutionary Card Technique.
What about you guys?
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Mine is the booklet 'Marlo in Spades' recommended by Glenn Bishop (thanks Glenn), the DVD 'The Cardician', the peerless Revolutionary Card Magic and Marlo's 'Riffle Shuffle Trilogy'.

Regards,

Paul H
love2laugh
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of love2laugh
Revolutionary Card Technique
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Marlo in Spades. Back when it was put out (40's) it was referred to as the 'dream' book because everyone thought Ed was crazy and they could only dream about doing that stuff. Today it is still a good solid card book.

I would have to say Revolutionary Card Technique in the book form or the individual pamphlets are also up there for some indepth look into some classic sleights.

The six magazines are also a good buy. Originally 25 and 30 dollars and over 300 pages of card stuff.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
willmorton
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of willmorton
Definitely Rev. Card Technique.

Jimmy - I wish Marlo's Magazines were sill available for 30 dollars!
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I would have to agree with Paul H. I am very fond of the Marlo in Spades book and continue to learn from it.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
Haven't heard this yet, how about Prime Time Marlo? I don't have it, but I hear it is one of the best performance Dvd there is out there, and I myself don't doubt it.
-Jess.
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Yes, I responded in another section to his request about DVD's and for seeing Ed perform, Prime Time Marlo is the best out there. Ed is younger and doing some incredible stuff narrated by Jon Racherbaumer.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Alniner
View Profile
Loyal user
Burlington, ON, Canada
254 Posts

Profile of Alniner
Revolutionary Card Technique, Legend/Cardician dvds.
Skål

--
Alan
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
Marlo without Tears, had it for years, still inspiring............

Dave
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
I would have to say that my favorite is RCT. I think this book is worth its weight in gold. I also have the cardician and the legend which are very good, but in opinion, the book is far better due to the massive amout of techniques in it. Although many of the things produce the same effect, this allows you to pick the right ones for the right situation. I would buy this book just for the info on faros and false deals. My current indevor is the D'Amico one handed second. plenty of fun in these pages.

peace,
the demon
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I like his Faro booklets.

Wanted: Marlo in Spades.
If you have copy you can sell, let me know...
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
580 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
My favorites are the many ideas that he shared with me in all the long letters that I have from him.

When he would explain a move and or idea, he would draw it for me to see and he always wrote in long hand.

He is greatly missed.

Tom Wolf
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On 2005-08-18 11:56, drumdemon420 wrote:
My current indevor is the D'Amico one handed second.

GREAT choice! It's my favourite second deal. I mastered it in 3 days with solid practice! It's a great move to learn as a top change. Check out Glenn Bishop's website and see how Glenn executes the one hand second deal. (not D'Amico's) He uses it as a top change as well.
daffy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of daffy
I don't understand how someone can 'master' a technique in some days. You can do it. But not 'master'.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On 2005-08-18 15:54, daffy wrote:
I don't understand how someone can 'master' a technique in some days. You can do it. But not 'master'.

No! I actually mastered it. With solid practice! I never left the cards on the table until I could master the move, and I did.
jb201
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of jb201
Marlo Without Tears, M.I.N.T volume 2 and Let's See The Deck.
blueboy7948
View Profile
New user
UK
61 Posts

Profile of blueboy7948
My favourite Marlo book would be the one that I don't end up in an Accident & Emergency room having my fingers untangled. Smile
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
So after a search, I'm guessing that 'Marlo in Spades' is a fairly difficult book to come by? (as in long OOP)
SpareribsQ
View Profile
New user
NYC
62 Posts

Profile of SpareribsQ
Revolutionary Card technique and Mint. 1 , with his autograph on it.