The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magicians of old :: Where can watch video of Dai Vernon perform? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
I'd like to see The Professor in action. Are there some good (free/cheap is really good! Smile) sources you can recommend?
Chris Bristow
View Profile
New user
Warwick, Rhode Island
67 Posts

Profile of Chris Bristow
The Revelations series isn't cheap and I don't have it but I have heard nothing but good reviews about it.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
The Revelations series isn't cheap and I don't have it but I have heard nothing but good reviews about it.

The Revelation series is worth every penny you spend on it...at least in my opinion. But Vernon doesn't really "perform" on it other than a brief segment where he does 3 card monte and the linking rings for a lay audience.

Mike
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Even tho the Revelations series doesn't have Vernon performing much Dia gives a lot of historic information. As Mr. Gallo says the Revelations series is worth every penny.

Do whatever you can to get this series.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Thanks for the help, guys. Is what I'm hearing that there really isn't much footage available of Vernon actually performing? That's a shame!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
As far as I know there is not a lot out there on video of Vernon. Tapes do exist of course. I actually have a tape that has Vernon doing cups and balls in Japan. There is no sound on it however. If you buy the the Michael Ammar complete Cups and Balls dvd's you will find old footage of Vernon performing cups and balls on Mark Willson's Magic Circus t.v. show.

It is a shame that a lot of the these tapes of magicians such as Vernon, Slydini, etc... are not available to most of the magicians of the world.

My best advise is to ask other magicians you know if they know of anyone who has any tapes of Vernon. You may just run into someone that has some video in there collection or knows someone who does. Don't give up. If you search hard enough you will find what you are looking for.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Thanks, RS1963! That is a shame that there's not a lot of footage available to the public.

Most card workers are aware that Vernon was known as one of the great thinkers as far as the moves are concerned, and we see the results of that work in many books. My understanding is, however, that his presentations were also wonderful, and it's that element that I'd like to see for myself and learn from. Hence my original question.