The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: For the record :: Shrinking arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SteveTheMagician
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of SteveTheMagician
Anyone ever hear of an effect similar to this?

making you arm shrink? no specific meathod, just in general?

-steve
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
Ency of impromptu magic, Martin Gardner
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2291 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Larry White has a stretching arm in a recent issue of the Oracle, just do it in reverse for ashrinking arm. Like the gardner method, totally impromptu.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
It used to be an old vaudeville skit- a man walks into a tailor shop to get fitted for a suit. First one arm is longer than the other, then they switch, then both too short, and both too long, then the legs do the same thing. I think the tailor ends up shooting him or beating the heck out of him. You had to be there. Seems to me I saw Red Skeleton doing at least a part of this on TV, or maybe it was Sid Caesar.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Irv Wiener used to open all his college show with this. Stan Laurel did it in an old movie. It is an old vaudeville bit. I still do it with people all the time and have a lot of fun with it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
OK, Stan Laurel it was! Thanks for jogging my fading memory! The memory goes first, you know....
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
It's fun after the twisting arm iluusion to have the "twisted arm" shorter than the other, and have to stretch it back to length
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.