The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: For the record :: World's Longest Magic Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Well we did it in April last year, but now a year later, Guinness World Records have finally sent us our certificate!

The old record for THE WORLD'S LONGEST MAGIC SHOW was 24 hours straight, set in India.

A group of magicians in Melbourne, Australia shattered that record with a show lasting 75 hours. (Now I know, some convention shows seem longer that that, but we weren't even allowed to repeat the same trick within any 8 hour bracket!)

If you'd like to see more about it (who was involved, all the stats, and some great photos) go to: http://www.magicunlimited.com/wlms.htm

TIM ELLIS
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
WOW!!! 75 hours!! 75 hours of magic and not a trick repeated (in an 8-hour block)! That’s noteworthy in itself!!!

I wonder if Guinness gave a certificate to the audience member who sat thru the whole thing!!

Congratulations to all who participated and especially to Tim and the other organizers of this insane event!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Michael Sullivan
View Profile
New user
Australia
86 Posts

Profile of Michael Sullivan
The Worlds Longest Magic Show was a blast and a great challange.

I as Tim Ellis was at the venu Luna Park an Amusment Park in Melbourne Australia for the complete 75 hours, eat, sleep and magic as I done the Night Shift whith some others as was very surprised to see people come in to see magic in the wee hours of the night.

Not being able to repeat the same trick in an 8 hour period was the hardest part as you would look on the run sheet and find that a lot of the effects you wanted to do had already been done so there was a lot of improtu magic being done.

It was a great chance to practice some of the Magic Sports Games as here in Melbourne we do magic sport alot.

Michael
Danny T.
View Profile
New user
New York
39 Posts

Profile of Danny T.
TIM ELLIS. When I was 14 years old I was hired by relatives to do a 20 minutes show {my first one on parlor style} When they anounced me I was sweatting a river pouring down my face. I was sooo shaky. 60 people that seamed to me like 3 thousand were looking. Needless to say most of it went wrong because of how nervous I felt. Those 20 min felt a lot longer than 75 hours to me. But at the end everybody made me feel loved and cheered.

Anyways, Congratulations. Smile
Magic is a dream in which we put ourselves in the fantasy of the reality that surrounds us. It's a wishful thinking that all human kind posses. It's life itself. And I for one believe in it.
Danny T.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3227 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I second Harry Murphy's WOW!!!

You must also have the record for the longest list of magic tricks performed in one show.

75 hours...Amazing!!!
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I can top that--just last night I had an audience member tell me my card trick lasted an eternity!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Well way back in the 70's (76?)
The magic shop I worked at Ted Carrothers Magic Studio in Toledo,Ohio.
They had a 24 hour magic show at the shop.
We sent in to Guinness and they wrote back,Sorry.... magic is not that popular.
So I always think Ted was the first(maybe?)
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
The record for the World's Longest Magic Show is accompanied by the award for World's Largest Hernia, suffered by Arto Shurofi, after sitting through 75 hours of magic without one bathroom break. Mr Shurofi, also recovering from a burst bladder, accepted the award with his usual groans and incomprehensible whimperings.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
WOW!!!! Smile

Congratulations!!!

This may seem like a silly question but....
I assume you video taped the whole show (for Guinness World Records to have proof) will we be able to buy those tapes/DVD's? Yes I know it would have to be on like 25 DVD but I think that it would be fun to watch (not all at once of course).
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
MatBlack
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MatBlack
OK, Jeremy, as one of the helpers/magicians (and writer of the official wrap-up on the site above) I can honestly tell you that you REALLY don't want to do that. Not even in multiple sittings. Sure, it might sound ok as a fleeting thought, but the reality is that the human brain can only survive so much deja-vu....
M@
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Congrats! Congrats! My head swam with wonder as I thought what I'd do for 75 hours. That's a lot of magic friend! Whew!

It's one act I don't care to follow or top.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This sounds like the maagical equivalent of Wagner's Ring Cycle to me.

Some people attend it, because they love Wagner. Others attend it so they can say they did.

Someone needs to make a T-shirt that says "I survived the Ring Cycle."
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com