The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Everything old is new again :: Trying to identify specific Copentro maker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Hello,

I have a Copentro unit I bought about fifteen years ago from a dealer now out of business. He was in St. Charles, Missouri. The unit came with instructions by Bob Klein for the Copentro, but on the back it has additional notes from Hank Lee. I want to know if Hank Lee sold the original Copentro at any time or if he might have copied Bob Klein's instructions and sold it with another model. Hank Lee does not sell these at the current time. The instructions are xeroxed and I am inclined to think the Bob Klein instructions would not have been on xerox paper. However, the unit itself is extremely well crafted which leads me to believe Klein might have made it. This is definitely not the funky Mikame version.

Any help would be appreciated!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Why don't you send a photo of it to Hank Lee?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
I don't know what you have for sure but Hank Lee sold many copies of the Bob Kline Copenetro. I have an original by Kline. If you will pm me your email address I will send you pictures of mine.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I bought a Copenetro that came with Bob Kline instructions, too. Mine actually (a long time ago, okay) came from Magic Masters. You should talk with Chance Wolf (Wolf's Magic...www.wolfsmagic.com) about your Copenetro. He has all of 'em.

Steve Thomas
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Stephen,
Send me a pic and I will give ya all the info you need. Hank Lee gained the sales and manufacturing rights sometime in the 80's I believe ( maybe late 70's )
The giveaway will be if it has a SQUARE Base. This will be a Hank model. I think it is a cool version but it would not have been made by Kline himself. Bob Kline built the model with the turned round Cherrywood Base given a very nice deep Gloss Clearcoat. Overall they work about the same but Kline's originals still look the best to date as far as craftmanship and elegance.
Hope this helps a bit,
Chance
email: magician@wolfsmagic.com

Posted: Jan 16, 2005 8:33pm
I may be wrong in some detail. Hank Lee may very well have sold TRUE Bob Kline models, for a brief period of time. I will look into it.
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Does anyone know where to get replacement glasses for the Kline Copenetro. I have search in vain, all I could find was a fluted style glass. Any answers out there??? I appreciate it!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Hank Lee has the Manufacturing Rights from Bob Kline. I own a original Kline Copentro from Kline himself. Bob did wholesale his products to dealers so any dealer could have carried and sold his products.

I searched for weeks for a replacement glass. Only found a six sided glass at K-Mart or Wal-Mart. But it fit the base perfectly. The bowed sided glass that comes with the trick was a common bar/beer glass of its time. As with most thinks styles change and it is very hard to find. The mark on the bottom of the glass is a common glass maker so I but none of the stores or backage liquor stores carry it currenly around here.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
979 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
2 1/2 years ago I bought an authentic Kline Copenetro made in the 1950's from Kenna Thompson. Everything including the glass was original. Check out the Word document I put together for the item.

As to replacement glasses, John Mendoza sold some time ago on ebay several glasses he had obtained in the 1960s from the original supplier of the etched glasses included on the original model. I bought two from him, so I have three original glasses for my Kline model. The original glasses were much shorter and perhaps wider. As mentioned they were beautifully etched with a design near around the rim.
adequatemagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of adequatemagic
Does anyone know who owns the manufacturing rights to Copenetro, now that Hank Lee is not in business?
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
If Hank did not sell or transfer the rights he still owns them, whether or not he is still in business. Contact him.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
724 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Is Hank out of jail yet?
wzakaras
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of wzakaras
Hi guys
i picked up a copenetro (round base) but did not get the instructions. could one of you nice folks
scsan a copy and email it to me or pm me. wcz"at"exit109.com
thanks in advance
The Funny Titan
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of The Funny Titan
Viking magic/collectors workshop is manufacturing a copentro and I have to say it is beautiful work of magic. Check out www.vikingmagic.com