The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Everything old is new again :: New favorite line from a book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
My next e-book project is PT Selbit's Magician's Handbook. While going through the text I came across this line:

Quote:
In the first place, two midgets must be procured; this will not present much difficulty to an enterprising magician.

This is now my new favorite line from a magic book. Up until now, it's been T.A. Waters instructions in Mind, Myth, and Magic to have special demon-like prostetics made for a monkey.

This is why I love being a magician. Even doctors don't get to think like this Smile
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Doctors Think that I think might be Funny if Done Right. although if you just get done visiting a Surgeon you might be Laughing all the way Home. why because he kept you in Stiches. Don,
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27305 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Is it still legal to procure midgets for an unnatural act?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Not unless it envolves and unlaiden swallow Smile
Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
English or African swallow?

Posted: Aug 2, 2004 4:15pm
Back on topic, my latest favorite line is from the opening of the first chapter in Derren Brown's Absolute Magic.

"And with these words, the magic fell stillborn from the womb."

Not a book for the general populace, but definitely a great theory book.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
One of my favorites, from "Later Magic": To prepare it for use, the head of the unfortunate infant is crushed flat, and the drapery folded, zig-zag fashion, upon it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Harry Leat published a routine that said something like the following...

"Go to a veteran's home and find a gentleman with a missing right arm and left leg..."

I forget the trick, but...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
"Suppose I want a mutton chop or a footbath. All I have to do is pass my hand lightly over a billiard ball and I get what I require, which in this case is an egg."

Patter from "Our Magic"
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Quote:
On 2004-08-04 13:45, Pete Biro wrote:

..."Go to a veteran's home and find a gentleman with a missing right arm and left leg..."

I love it. Smile
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Daschiell Hammett once wrote, "I don't mind idiotic notions, as long as you keep them to yourself."

Kregg
POOF!