The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Everything old is new again :: Princess Card Trick origins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Hi, we've all seen that powerpoint trick where your card is removed from tne packet.

Well I made myself a set of cards to perform the effect, then found out that it's the princess card trick.

I've had a look around and can't find out who created the effect or how old it is. Any tnoughts or information?
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
The effect was created by Henry Hardin about 100 years ago. Nate Leipzig, who was a friend of Hardin's, is the one who popularized it and became most associated with it. As you pointed out, the basic method has become quite common as an online card trick and is found all over the place. The online version seems to fool most people the first time around, but due to the fact that they can view it over and over again, most people tend to figure it out after the first couple of tries.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
I guess my brothe is a bit slow then, he called me at work to tell me about 'this amazing trick' on his computer, he'd been through the presentation many times and still not sussed it out. I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

thanks for the info, I feel good knowing I havent ripped anyone off, and my wife will be pleased I don't won't to buy something that I just made.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1548 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Daryl carries, in my opinion, the best set of Princess Cards that I've seen. You can contact him at http://www.foolerdoolers.com/store/products.asp?category=20

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Wow! I got my set from Bill Wisch well over 20 years ago.

Today I think the cards are in the deck of special cards from Haines House of Cards. It is called the Fako Deck and available with several different backs.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com