The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Everything old is new again :: Invisible Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
castle
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of castle
OK .. here's an old chestnut that I've seen being re-introduced lately. Who is the originator of the deck called "The Invisible Coin". I don't know the ethics of describing the mechanics of the trick here, so I won't.

The effect is the magi inverts a small drinking glass on top of a deck of cards held in the hand. An "invisible coin" (penny) is placed on the bottom of this glass and the "coin" penetrates the glass and now can be seen resting on the deck. Only now it is a quarter. When the coin is slid off the deck into the spectators hand .. it becomes a dime.

I know Bob Little sold it way back when I worked in the magic shop at Walt Disney World back in 1976. Lately, Ive seen it advertised in a couple of internet shops (Penguin Magic for one). I used to manufacture it myself (Old Man Egg Productions and Magic Showcase)back in the late 70's early 80's but stopped because of ethics reasonings. Now, I'm just plain curious. Any help?

Castle