The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Everything old is new again :: Rising Pencil (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Can anyone lead to a source for the rising pencil?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I HAVE TWO CIGAR BOXES full of gimmicks stamped-out by Sherms. They are raw and need trimmed so they are the same size nested and the pins need soldered. Then they need attached to the actual pencils -but- I have a good 5 pounds of gimmicks.

The main issue with the rising pencil is having someone nick themselves and suing if they get it infected, I can't deal with issues like that. If I thought there was a market for this and they could be made safely I would be willing to listen. I don't want to sell 2 or 3 gimmicks at a time, I would want to sell 500 complete units.
pondering47
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of pondering47
How can I obtain the rising pencil?
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2014, pondering47 wrote:
How can I obtain the rising pencil?

Available now at Stevens.....
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
Chad Gill
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Chad Gill
Charlie Miller does this like no others!
Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
Hello Dave Pierce,
Not sure if this post is too late to be of help, butI believe Charlie Miller's handling (the one on the Steven's video) was a version of Coe Norton's who taught it in his lectures. Charlie also published a close-up version in Magicana in which the finale was the production of a wine glass. I own a P&L version of the trick so they definitely made them. Interestingly, It has only one h**k. It was given to me by Jim Zachary who, I believe, purchased the rights to the P&L line at one point. So I am not sure about its lineage. Jim said it was part of the stock of items he bought. (At least that is my memory of a more than 40 year ago event.) I also own a version of the Voodoo Doll described in the Okito book. Someone was putting them out in the 70's or 80's I believe.
Regards,
Barry Moran