The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Mak Magic Miracle Dove Act (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Do any of you old timers (I'm one too) remember the Mak Magic Miracle Dove Act? This was a typical cheap materials, gaudy paint job but interesting concept item Mak put out.
I don't know if Grant, Tanner, or one of the others created this but it is clever. I never owned one but was on my list for a long time and I would still like to have one for the collection.
Let me know what you thought of this Dove Effect.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
If you want to make one, here's a link to the plans. I don't remember seeing this performed so can't really comment. Bill Hegbli may chime in. He's an expert in older magic.

https://www.winklersmagicwarehouse.com/p......k-magic/
Where the magic begins
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3879 Posts

Profile of Julie
The Miracle Dove Act by U.F. Grant was/is a great interlude. The only modification we made was to substitute a realistic ru--er dove (cut in half) for the non ru--er dove fekes.

Julie
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Dave, I would like to get the plans but Winklers wants you to spend at lease $15 and then tack on another $17 for shipping.. kind of high for a $2 item...
Julie great advice on the dove change, I always thought the original feke was a little lacking.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
61 magic, I never knew Mak Magic supplied plans. I would have to see some drawings before I spent $2, as that price would be in line for the text document in the picture.

I agree with Julie on this, but that would mean you have to change the steal holder. That terrycloth towel material does not fool anyone, no matter how fast you move. Okay, maybe on a the 50 yard line of a Football field. Smile

Abbott's Dovan is a better effect.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Bill tell me about Abbott's Dovan the web site only has a drawing with no pictures of the actual apparatus or a demo video.
I like the idea of the Mak effect with the doves vanishing from the box (looks like their old nite club vanish) and re-appearing back in the cage.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3879 Posts

Profile of Julie
[quote]On Aug 30, 2019, Bill Hegbli wrote:
...I agree with Julie on this, but that would mean you have to change the steal holder. That terrycloth towel material does not fool anyone, no matter how fast you move. Okay, maybe on a the 50 yard line of a Football field. :rotf...
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Bill, I have no idea to what you are referring??? Please explain either here or in a PM.

BTW DOVAN is an excellent apparatus, but it is a different approach from the Grant set we're discussing. The Miracle Dove Act allows TWO doves to vanish and then the same doves reappear in the original cage.

Julie
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3879 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2019, 61magic wrote:
Bill tell me about Abbott's Dovan the web site only has a drawing with no pictures of the actual apparatus or a demo video.
I like the idea of the Mak effect with the doves vanishing from the box (looks like their old nite club vanish) and re-appearing back in the cage.

Hello 61

No, Grant's Miracle Dove Act is not the same as their old Nite Club Vanish. With the MDA you dismantle the box and s-lo-w-l-y show both sides of each piece; no fast spinning to conceal any B A application and no swinging or revolving load chamber.

U.F.'s Miracle Dove Act is reminiscent of Abbott's $1000 Challenge Vanish.

Julie
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2019, 61magic wrote:
Dave, I would like to get the plans but Winklers wants you to spend at lease $15 and then tack on another $17 for shipping.. kind of high for a $2 item...

61, Iagree. I didn't go into details, just saw the web site and did a quick copy/paste. Sounds like Julie has the first hand info you are looking for.
Where the magic begins