The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Double Dove with Separation (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
324 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Hello all:

I assume everyone here knows the double dove production where you tie two silks, put the knot in your mouth, pull the silks up and produce two doves simultaneously one in each hand. Done by several magicians like James Dimmare, The great Tomsoni, etc.

Well I have been doing that for years but what I want to do now is the one where, up to puling the silks in your mouth, is the same but them you separate the hands and produce one dove in each hand and the hands are free and independent. You can see this production on this Jonhathan David Bass video at 2 minutes and 20 seconds.

The reason I need to be able to separate the hands is I want to do this to produce 2 silk fountains at the same time but I need my hands free and independent for later productions. I cant have them conected with a single wire has it hapens in the normal double dove production.

Can anyone help with the attachment to be able to do this?

I hope I made myself clear but any questions pls ask and ill try to explain better.

Thanks a lot for the help.
Alex
Darrell Trammell
View Profile
New user
Chicago Illinois
92 Posts

Profile of Darrell Trammell
Get the Dove Worker DVD by CY. He covers the production you are speaking of in detail.
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
324 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Thanks Smile
Alex
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Nachtzehrer, I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. There are at least 4 different set ups for the double dove production. And none of them leaves the performer's birds connected. I hope you did your homework before connecting your birds together permanently, that is just cruel. That method was heavily protected back in the 1980's when I was performing dove magic. No Internet, and I had to invest over $500 trying to discover the "real" method.

I believe the Channing Pollock method should work well for your Silk Fountain idea. After studying Jonhathan David Bass video, I would say, you are incorrect with the idea. He is using an invisible harness in a different way.

You might want to purchase Levent's early act, where he produces a silk fountain. It might give you some additional ideas.
Darrell Trammell
View Profile
New user
Chicago Illinois
92 Posts

Profile of Darrell Trammell
In CY’s methods the holders not the birds are connected together and the holders separate after the production of the doves.
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
324 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
That is exactly what I want
Alex
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
324 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Bill Hegbli

I never said I attach the doves to each other. Obviously I was talking about the bags

Problem is solved The CY Dove DVD has what I wanted

Thanks all for the help
Alex