The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Stopping the urine and poop (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I have my pets appear different times in my show. When every show was done I had to clean off the top of the stand my pets were sitting on top off. Sometimes I had to pick poop off the floor because it was pushed off the stand. I was tired of doing this. So I went to a machine shop and had them make me a tray with a grill on top. Now all my pets urine and poop is dropped inside of a tray. Nothing gets on the floor. It is east to disperse at the end of my show. And my pets are not wet from stepping in their urine. You can see a little poop in the lower right hand corner:

I got the idea from the Showtime's Incognito Pet Carrier.

Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1369 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Dynamike

I usually don't feed my rabbit 1 hour before showtime. That has been helpful for no accidents.
He then gets treats as well as food and water after his meet & greet with his fans.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I was the same way at first, not feeding my pets before they would leave the house with me. But I was feeling sorry for them at times when I had multiple shows to do, morning to evening. Now I place about an ounce of timothy hay in their carriers before traveling. I might try giving my pets treats after my shows. Water as you mentioned is a good idea. Do you carry a pet water bottle with you, or do you give them water from a dish?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mike, you spent a lot of money on those trays. I must say the opening look a little small.

What I did with my birds, is go to a farm supply store and purchased a large cage, with proper opening in the bottom, and a slide out tray. Assemble required, but the only tool needed is a pair of pliers.

We have a store called, Tractor Supply, I am sure you have one in your area.

The best way to for your animals to reduce accidents is to exercise them them before a show. Birds you walk between your fingers and hands, Take your rabbits out for a walk, with leasch. Just find a way to exercise them.

It is a big responsibility to care for animals, you may need help. Maybe some neighborhood kids can help. Who knows you could inspire some to become veterinarians.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2019, Bill Hegbli wrote:.

It is a big responsibility to care for animals, you may need help. Maybe some neighborhood kids can help. Who knows you could inspire some to become veterinarians.

And whatever you do, DO NOT inspire the neighborhood kids to becoming magicians