The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Parrot Harness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
Does anyone know were I can find information on constructing my own parrot harness? I know there are harness that you can buy. However, I don’t think I can alter one for my needs.

Thanks,
Mike
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Hi Mike,

I have footage of the bag on my videos, "Secrets of Bird Magic" Vol. 1 and 2. I don't have any blueprints, but I can email you a sketch of the bag if you'd like. What kind of Parrot are you making it for?

Please let me know if I can help. My email is DaveWomach@Yahoo.com

Dave
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
Hey Guys!

I have to say that Dave has a great design. I only wish my bird would go in it!! Lol SmileWorking with Exotic Birds... Fun stuff. Have fun.

----Wade
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
What kind of parrot will you use for the parrot harness? It really depends on how tame your parrot is. Wilder ones require a stronger type of clothing.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Puck sells them. They are kinda pricey.
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
I like the way Dynamike put it, "kinda pricey". That's a good way to put it. lol My holders are a bit on the expensive side but not in comparison to how much the actual Parrot costs.

My holders are custom made to each bird and have been on the market for almost eight years with only one dissatisfied customer in all that time. ( He basically thought it would work the day he received it, go figure). I also have personally used my design in my own dove act for 10 years with great success. I am a firm believer in getting what you pay for.

They are hand crafted and take some time to make as well as all of the trial and error that went into them. I have heard over and over how magicians parrots that wouldn't go in other holders took to mine because of the natural comfort of the design.

They are available directly from me as well as The Magic Auction, and The Denny & Lee Magic Studio.

Well enough tooting my own horn.....If you should be interested or have additional questions drop me an e mail and I'll be glad to help.

Best of Luck,
Puck
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I do understand more now. Being custom made as you described is worth the price. A parrot is an excellent bird to use. I can see it will be a good cost for a performer. And from the shows, the performer will be getting his money back.

Thank you for stopping by with the explantion, Puck.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1943 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Puck,

I have put a harness for my Greenwing at the top of my wish list! I have used harnesses before for Jax (the ones at pet stores, not for magic). Jax chews them up. Could this be an issue with your harness?
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Hey Captin Kid,

I have only had one customer complain that his Parrot chewed his way out of the holder. I won't mention his name but he tried to force it on his bird rather than letting the bird get comfortable with it.

I have sold over 50 holders since putting them on the market with great reviews. The usual comment I get is that my harness is the only one that their bird will go in. It's made so that the bird is very comfortable and no material touches him.

Let me know when your wish comes true and we'll set you up.

Thanks,
Puck
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1943 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Puck,

Ok. probably next month. My wife just found out I spent over 2K on magic this month and has put the kabosh on my spending for a few weeks.

I assume you will explain how to get Jax used to it?
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
No problem, and I am sympathetic to your domestic situation. Let me know when your ready and I'll get the dimensions from you then. I'll also tell you what I did to get my bird used to the Harness. Please e mail me direct at puckmagic2001@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Puck
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Puck's harness rocks!