The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Parakeet throw public reaction? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
papillon
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of papillon
On this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=125Z2U6sG28 (watch from 1:50 to see what I am talking about)
Dave Womach makes a move that I really like, very surprising, and Much faster the classic dove to tails vanish
I would like to try to talk my one of my parakeets into doing this, but I am afraid of public's reaction.
it seems a nice way to make a multiplying balls intermezzo, and than continue the actby producing the bird again.
Of course the parakeet is trained, and arrives well.
Yet I wonder what a public's reaction on this would be. A parakeet is much smaller than a dove,
and to an audience these birds are more qute and fragile than doves
Has anybody had any (bad) reaction on this?
Dave? ( I know you spend a lot of time on the forum?)
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
For a kid's crowd, IMO I would NOT do it...for adults....probably. I've found that audiences do not like it if it looks like a critter has been "compromised"
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
My 1st thought is that if you have to question anything you are doing, then don't do it. As your belief is what is important. But if you are truly concerned then perform you act for every client to get their opinion before they hire you.

If you are asking about the parakeet to ball effect, I have to ask, how would anyone be concerned about the bird, as they have no knowledge of the working. I do not understand why you would think vanishing or transforming a live animal into an object would be offensive.

I would be interested in you thoughts on this, and what you are thinking.
papillon
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of papillon
Quote:
If you are asking about the parakeet to ball effect, I have to ask, how would anyone be concerned about the bird, as they have no knowledge of the working. I do not understand why you would think vanishing or transforming a live animal into an object would be offensive.

I would be interested in you thoughts on this, and what you are thinking.

I believe it was seen the the movie prestige, where they revealed in a vanish everytime a birdie was killed, and another one was reproduced.
And people may believe it is really truth.
I know how to treat my birds, and I treat them well, so what I think is not really important here.
would just hope to get some reaction from magicians who are actually performing this.
Perhaps they want to share their public's and own toughts.
Nak
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Nak
Ah The Prestige...I've had clients ask me if any birds were killed in my show before hiring me. I believe the lack of extraneous props during the effect may take away the idea that the bird is being crushed. Also, turning the ball back into the bird later is a way to show the audience that the bird is OK. I'd say go for it if he teaches it on his DVD or you have permission...I know that's a fuzzy line, but always best to put ethics first!