The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: A rose in my dove act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JeremyE.Hughel
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of JeremyE.Hughel
Okay.... Anyone using roses in their dove act? I have a beautiful fake rose that I'd love to use in my act.. See I'm not wanting to do traditional type stuff (card productions, silk changes ect) I'm looking for a more romantic style... I really like visual magic. In Jonathan David Bass's routine he does a rose production right into a BEAUTIFUL dove production (I'll include the link to his act...if you haven't seen it check it out) I'd like some input please.... I'd love to include this dove production. Although I'd like to produce the rose differently. The only rose production I know how to perform is the Kevin James version.. It's amazing, but not practical for a dove act.

Looking forward to everyone's two cents....

Your magical pal,
Jeremy Hughel

P.S. I also LOVE the production at 2:45 !!! I have the method down....but not the preparation. Any thoughts??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXtHDXds7H4
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bass's routines are his property and if offers it for sale or in a lecture, then you can use it. Other wise you have to create your own methods yourself as Bass did.

This type of manipulation and steals with productions is not explained anywhere as they are custom to each magicians individual act. This is all dependent on your costume and table set up.

The dove production requires a tails suit attire, and an invisible harness. Then hours of practice that may take weeks to attain it perfectly.

As far as dove magic just purchase all the information you can on dove magic. One source is not enough if you are trying to be creative in an act. You will need all the knowledge you can acquire then assemble your pieces together.

Good Luck!
aboycemagic
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aboycemagic
Great advice wmhegbli!
JeremyE.Hughel
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of JeremyE.Hughel
I'm an experienced dove worker.... I just wanted some input on rose productions... But I should remind people that lots of people do the same productions... The balloon to dove for example... what makes one production personal, and the others public? Thank you for your input
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Like pretty much everything in Magic, it is a matter of who did it first AND has enough proof / witnesses to support such claim.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-05-08 10:14, JeremyE.Hughel wrote:
I'm an experienced dove worker.... I just wanted some input on rose productions... But I should remind people that lots of people do the same productions... The balloon to dove for example... what makes one production personal, and the others public? Thank you for your input

What makes the rose production different and personal is, it is not been published anywhere. If you can figure it out for yourself, good or you. You ask for a source, there is none available. Yes, several magicians produce a rose in their act, but none of these has been published either. Are they all the same method, noone knows until they all publish their individual methods.

As for the dove production, again, you ask about it and noted the time stamp. Again, it is not published anywhere. I know Danial's does a dove from foot as well, but the method is totally different. Method published, but it is his idea to produce a dove from foot, and not the hand.

As for your comment that a lot of people do the balloon to dove, that may be true. Are they all the same method, I have no idea. They may or may not. I know it has been published, but that does not mean that they all use the same published method.

Hope this helps clear up your confusion.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
In my dove routine I use a feather bouquet from Ray

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......er=28645

that does indeed look like roses. Give him a shout.

http://www.tabmantables.com/

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have been making feather roses for over 30 years. You can see them on the website. They were designed by Marie Marshall and used to draw the illustration for four roses whiskey from.

I suspect that you might have one of the feather roses that are made for the retail crowd. They look great but will not hold up or lend themselves to production methods we normally use.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Jeremy, only rose bit in my act was years ago with the rose to silk, that wason the lapel. Man I thought I was creative when I added a few pETALS from a rose into the windings of the silk. this way I would pluck petals and let them drop to the floor to enforce the idea of a real rose. Man ... this makes me feel old! I have always dug Jonathon David Bass, Heck I dig all the good dove workers. your best bet is to write down any ideas you may have for rose productions or routines on a dream board, then keep scratching new ideas down and rewrite as you go thru the days, and some creative ideas just seem to pop into your head. Hope somethiong comes your way, and when it does,,,,, It will be yours. If you have any ideas, but bnot sure how to accomplish them, then shoot your Magic Café family some PM's and I am sure you will get some help. Best of luck.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Richard is right. The Rose feather flowers are more fragile.

However, Some of the magicians are using my Egg Dropper with a real rose!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- I am using the feather rose bouquet because it allows me another steal.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com