The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: 'Duck' Bucket/'Bunny' Bucket routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I have a beautifully crafted Harlin Magic Duck Bucket, but I've never been able to really work out a good routine with it, other than the bare-bones show-bucket-empty-produce-rabbit trick.

Any ideas for routines with the Duck Bucket would be appreciated .

Smile
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I love the look of this prop (the Harlin Duck/Bunny Bucket). The prop is totally deceptive. Look into it and you would swear it is empty, even if you know what the gaff is.

Ok, the only thing I've been able to come up with for the Bunny Bucket is to adapt a crank handle from an old-fashioned ice cream maker and attach the crank to the top of the Bunny Bucket.

Now the prop looks like an old-fashioned ice cream maker.

Show the inside empty, then pour in milk
(via a milk pitcher) and a bag of sugar, some ice cubes (acrylic or plastic cubes),etc. All the ingredients for ice cream.

Turn the crank and then produce "ICE CREAM" the Rabbit (a white rabbit, his name is "Ice Cream" ) from the bucket.

Same thing would work with a duck or a small white cat. Or if you poured in chocolate milk it could be a brown rabbit, etc.

Click on this link to see photos of the Harlin Duck Bucket:

http://home.att.net/~harlinmagic/dropoutbucket.html
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I think the effect is good when presented very directly. I have used my bucket for years, with a duck of course. I made it myself and it looks much like a wooden garden pot, with a split lid. I refer to it as my wife's planter...no one seems to question that. I walk into the audience, casually show it, walk among aisles as I speak, on rare occassions put someones hand in it...while I control where they touch.

I used to call it a dream bucket. Whatever a person dreams for, will appear. I would select a male helper and state the vibes I was pickup up on: a beautiful girl....long neck, trim and fit, good swimmer, and then "webbed feet..how strange." At that I would pop the lid and produce a female duck. Always went over very well. I have modified it a bit now, producing a brightly colore mallard drake.
quack
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Magicduck wrote:

"I used to call it a dream bucket. Whatever a person dreams for, will appear. I would select a male helper and state the vibes I was pickup up on: a beautiful girl....long neck, trim and fit, good swimmer, and then "webbed feet..how strange." At that I would pop the lid and produce a female duck."

-------

That's very clever. Thanks.

D
magicjames1
View Profile
New user
England
67 Posts

Profile of magicjames1
Does the bucket have enough air holes for a rabbit. How much space is it given.
Is this one of the best animal productions.
Smile
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I do not know the specifics as far as the air capacity of the bucket described. I make most of my own apparatus and, instead of air holes, I miter edges in such a way that air gets thru while no odd looking holes, are seen. Also...Always remember to load an animal in almost all production devices as late as possible. So the animal is in for a very short time.

quack