The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: My dove thinks he's Houdini!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
My dove has tendency to wriggle out of whatever harness he is put in.
Usually he just sits there in the well of the table placidly. He has only pocked his head out once or twice.

I use the General's one-handed harness.

Bob,
I had trouble getting him into yours, so I have not used it.

HELP.
He's getting better at escaping!!!
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Decorate the harness to look like a miniature strait jacket and put him into the act at once! Can he do it hanging upside down over a bowl of water?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Hey Fccfp - have you tried to make sure the feet are in a back/flying position when placing the dove in? sometimes if the feet are in a perch position rather than a flying position, they will try to stand up and of course in a holder will cause them to struggle, hence, the Houdini escape. Just a thought.
-Alpha
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4864 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Alpha is right about the feet. If you watch Gen load his harnesses, he just has the bird sit down but sometimes you do have to move the feet backwards. Also, make sure that the release is settled at the base of the neck and not farther back on the doves back. It should be a little snug but not restricting. I've had to experiment and relocate the release on several of my harnesses to accomodate the size of my birds.
Where the magic begins
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
THanks GUys,
I will try to adjust the doves legs and check the harness location.
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com