The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Coloring doves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I've seen several performers use doves that have been colored(green,blue,red,etc).

I was wondering, is this some sort of dye?

Does it harm the birds?

I'm not into doves myself, but am just curious. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Hi Steve!

It is a dye!

I have a Shimada tape with focuses strictly on doves! Management, routines, coloring etc.!

If you'd ever like to borrow it let me know!

Steve Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thanks Steve! Why don't you bring that tape with you the next time "The Secret Three" meet? Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5937 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
If you’re blabbin’ them all over the board,

they’re not much of a secret Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Couldn’t resist Smile

Tom
piccard
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of piccard
It's food coloring...But confectioners food coloring is the best for good deep colors...The dove is held in your hand and with a water-color brush you wet the brush, them put it to some Ivory soap then in the food coloring (WORK BY THE SINK SO YOU HAVE PLENTY OF RUNNING WATER)...then brush it on and in as you have to penatrate the natural oil in the birds feathers(Thats what the soap does)...Being careful not to get it in their eyes or nose...It does NOT harm them ...If you don't get it in their EYES and Mouth and Nose...In 3 or four days they will reform the oil over their top feathers and be fine and the colors will not come off...Their natural feather will grow out in time so touch ups are to be made...I once dye a dove Half Yellow and half Blue and where the 2 colors came together it turned green...Looked very natural and people were forever asking "What kind of bird is that??? I have a page on my site called 'Wing Tips'...Please feel free to check it out http://members.tripod.com/~pic3666/index9.html
:snail: