The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Please Stop Laying Eggs??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
paradize
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
398 Posts

Profile of paradize
Hi Guys.I have the below:
Cage 1 - 1 Male and 1 Female Dove.4th Clutch already but no success.
Cage 2 - 1 Female Dove - Laying eggs 1st time.2 eggs already.
Cage 3 - 2 Female Doves - 2 eggs in 1st clutch.2 eggs in 2nd clutch.1 of the dove is sitting on 3 eggs.
Despite Cage 2 and 3 are unfertile eggs, I am really worried cos the doves are laying eggs after eggs and it is not going to be of use.It is going to affect thier health.

Any advise from you guys to do so that the Cage 2 and 3 Doves do not lay eggs.

Note : I cant use any dove for performance already.Hahahah.All my birdies are in harvesting mood.

Cheers
Magic is the residue of pre-design fantasies.
Come into my Fantasy www.chandranmagic.com
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Hi Paradize - Cage 2 and 3 are all females so the eggs will never hatch (as you stated), just take them out when it happens. No harm to doing that. Its good they are laying eggs!! This means you have healthy females and you are giving them the best diet - Hooray for you!! *clap* To keep them from doing this all the time, just go to a hobby store and buy those small wooden eggs and place 2 or 4 in the cage. The doves will sit on them instead and stop laying their own eggs temporarily. Take them out every once in while to make sure the doves get excercise though, or they will continually sit on the eggs and get a little too lazy from lack of flying around some. Hope this helps some. At least you know that if you get a male dove, you know which cages to place them in.

-Alpha