The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: .....and another friend leaves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I came here to post about the passing of my bunny and I noticed that Dave had posted about the passing of his dove.

Anyway, I went out to feed my bunnies Saturday morning and I found one my Netherland Dwarfs dead. He was a Smoke Pearl Marten, which is a silvery-gray color with a lighter, almost white belly, and darker grayish-charcoal highlights at the ears, nose, tail and feet. He was really a beautiful bunny. He was not my mian show bunny, but I used him with my Run, Rabbit Run routine because his color was a perfect match for the wooden rabbit with my Run, Rabbit Run prop. He basically had it made, because he didn't have the rigors of a fulltime show bunny! Smile He was 8 years old, which is getting up there for a Netherland. I know he was well cared for, and I think really had a good life, but I am still going to miss him.

:(

Regan
Mister Mystery
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
My condolenses...I've had a few Budgies that I used to perform that passed away. I guess its the circle of life. Good luck
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Kyle. Yes, death is a sad fact of life. This is not the first bunny I've lost.....I have had 3 other magical partners to die during my magic career. It sure doesn't get any easier. I am down to my one main show bunny now, and I love him more than any bunny I've ever owned. He's getting older too, and I really dread to lose him, because he is by far the best one I've had too.

I am going to have to make a decision about getting another bunny really soon. I always like to have at least one backup, just in case one is not feeling well or in case something bad like this happens.
Mister Mystery
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I know it was a sad feeling Reagan. Just remember he is now in a better place.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Mike.
Mister Mystery
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Sorry to hear Regan. My condolonces...

Tony
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Regan, I feel your pain. Whether it's a rabbit, dove, dog, cat or whatever, the loss of a friend is traumatic.
Where the magic begins
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Tony and Dave.

Dave, I know you are suffering from the recent loss of your dove, and I'm sorry for that too. Like you said, losing an animal friend and/or working companion/partner is very traumatic, but unfortunatly it's enevitable. I was sitting here trying to find my Netherland breeder's contact information. I can't decide whether I am ready to go ahead and get another bunny or not. Maybe I will call and see what he has available.

Regan
Mister Mystery