The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Questions about doves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Hi there,
it's very difficult to find white doves in the area where I live in italy so I got in touch with another magician and she said she could give me a couple of doves. these birds are about a year old and have never been used in magic or handled that much even if she said they are used to hands and humans because they were born in captivity and they see her giving them food every day and so on. Do you think I should take them or I should keep looking for younger ones because it might be hard to train them? Could it be too stressful for these doves to change enviroment?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
One year old is not a problem. You need to handle them yourself and get them used to you. That is part of the training you would have to do regardless of how old the birds were. I don't see any problem taking them. You can continue to look for other doves but these will get you started and could be your best birds.
Where the magic begins
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2395 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
There is nothing wrong with one year old doves. No matter what the age of the doves, the more time you put into training your doves, the more they will get used to you and perform for you.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Gratefully accept the gift and get to work. Even old doves are not hard to train. Reality is that it is faster than raising them! The problems are usually people problems, not dove problems. Don't rush. You'll be surprised how willing they are to work with you.

Enjoy your dove magic.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Thanks guys!
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
You might get luck and get a pair that will mate and then you can start your on line, carefully watch how you inline breed though, you will have to split the parents apart after you grown a few babies to adults and repair the babies with mother and father, not brothers and sisters, Owln