The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove Effect Credit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicfreak_NV
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of magicfreak_NV
I was wondering who deserves the credit for the fire in palm toss (wearing gloves) to dove?
Both Lance Burton and Shimada do this effect.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
In my humble opinion, it could be Shimada. Because he's just older. Just a guess...
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I want to praise you for your willingness to give credit where credit is due. It indicates a level of professional practice. Sometimes the answer was lost long ago.

My guess is that it predates the discovery of America. Most dove, silk and fire magic does.

However, I recall Lance Burton doing parakeet from bare hand (glove) that the zoom lens caught on TV. We live and learn.

What works well on stage often fails on TV and vice versa.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I believe it was shimada...he pretty much invented everything hahaha well most of the modern things we're using such as sleeve toss stuff, IH, etc etc etc etc haha
DANSPERRY.COM
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Ian Adair was first to record several methods for doing this in his Dove Encyclopediae, with himself listed as the inventor. Shimada probably came up with his own technique, which is slightly differentfrom Adair's, independently, but to the audience, the effect is the same.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
LOL! If the audience knows how, the magician should wear a mask and not want credit.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com