The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove act style (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jokerthehoudini
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of jokerthehoudini
Hey everyone I'm here in my house trying to think of what to use for my dove act .i want to do a hip hop style hopefully I can pull it off with a tail suit but that's not what I'm worred about.. I need some help on stuff to use I was thinking about using an ipod to turn into a bird and I'm going to do a dove split and yea I need some help with the music and I need a lot anyone got any ideas on what to do and use ..

henry

thanks a lot
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Henry,

How many birds do you want to use
Do you just want body loads or are you using props
Do you use an assistant or work alone
What effects do you already do or know how to do
Are you looking for a stage act, parlor act or outdoor festival acts
How much experience do you have with dove magic

These are just a few questions that we'd need answered to even begin to help set up a routine for you. The music would depend on the act that you design.
Where the magic begins
jokerthehoudini
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of jokerthehoudini
Ok first

I have 4 birds I'm looking for a 3-4 min act
I use body loads
I work by myself
I have a lot of videos dan sperry,andy amyx,tony clarks videos all of them about doves ,thats all I got
I'm looking for a stage act
ive been doing dove magic pretty long since last yr

henry
thanks for the help
magicfreak_NV
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of magicfreak_NV
Henry,
not too put you down here... I know guys who have been doing doves for 20+ years
I think that's a long time

everyone works a bit different at putting together an act.

I would suggest that you start by making some lists. Get a notebook or what ever gets you motivated.
Then start making list of all the dove effects you know of....then keep making lists on the subject of Dove magic and other related topics ..I think you get the point.

It really helps to have something in front of you and to jump start your brain.
Once I get started on a subject the creative juices usually starts to flow. But everyone is different and have to find what works for you.

I hope this helps you in some way. It's not the answers you wanted..but you will soon find out that nobody can give you the answers...you must find them on your own.

Good Luck
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
It would also help to plan a rough act and start performing it. Sometimes, you only improve when you perform your act. Eventually, you'll feel something needs to be done. Next thing you know your adding changes to your act and making it better...