The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: My rabbit (Lucy) got the needle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1654 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Recently, I've been asked by quite a few Fair organizers if ( Lucy) my bunny had her shots.
I have 6 more of these out doors Fairs to do. So, off she went to the Vet today to get her shots.
I didn't think that she needed one.She had never been in contact with wild rabbit
Richard (Tricky Ricky)
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Richard:

In the United States, rabbits do not need to get any shots.

This is not true in all countries, where you may want vaccinate them against RHD.

Bob
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Don't think you need it. I got mine from rabbit rescue and they did not give her shots.

-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 18:19, Richard Lyn wrote:
Recently, I've been asked by quite a few Fair organizers if ( Lucy) my bunny had her shots. I have 6 more of these out doors Fairs to do. So, off she went to the Vet today to get her shots. I didn't think that she needed one. She had never been in contact with wild rabbit.
Richard (Tricky Ricky)

Richard,

When I first saw this I thought she had gotten a tattoo! In the 70s I had a rabbit from a breeder who tattooed an identification number in the ear of the rabbit. Mine was J2. He did magic for several years before another rabbit breeder talked me out of him in exchange for a baby rabbit.

J2's tattoo saved him at one point in his life. He lived in the courtyard outside the dining room window. One day he came up missing. A couple of days later we got a phone call from a neighborhood school. It seems a child had brought a rabbit (with J2 tattooed in his ear) to school for "show and tell" period but would not take him home afterwards. Fortunately the teacher knew there was a magician in the neighborhood and called.

The vanishing rabbit reappeared!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Interesing story Bob. They should make that a movie.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1654 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Hi Bob!
Nice story.Those things only happens to magicians.
I spoke to the fair director about the rabies concern.
He told that it's a farmers fair with cows and farm animals. The farmers wanted to make sure that my bunny had the rabies shots.
I told him that I too have concerns about my bunny contacting the mad cow disease, and I hope they can prove that all their cows had their shots.
Richard.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
Smile

Richard, that was the perfect response!
Mister Mystery