The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Doves Love Back-scratches...or at lease mine does (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Is it only my little guy, or do your doves enjoy back scratches as well?

Jack always flies over to my knee, opens his wings up a little bit (bringing his chest closer to my knee), and that's kind of my cue to scratch between his wings. Then I move over to one of his wings to scratch there, and the opposite wing opens all the way up and he stretches it vertically in the air. And then, I do the same with the other side.

This has been going on for a good 5 months or so, but never really posted it.

Anyone else scratch their doves' backs? Smile
-Vinnie

P.S. Jack also does the vertical wing stretching on his own, but likes it when I do it for him, too.
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
My doves do the vertical wing stretch as you said at the end and they also scratch their heads with thier feet!

I have never had mine want me to scratch their backs - I think!

It sounds like Jack(ie!) enjoys it though if he keeps coming back for more!

All the best,

~Eddy
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Hehe, yeah, check it out:

-Vinnie

Click here to view attached image.
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Hey Vinnie..I'm sure that Jack(ie) loves the back scratch. From the photo, it almost looks like she may think you are the male dove which is good because there is a bond for sure. This action is also what female doves do for mating purposes just before the male dove "fertilizes" the egg. She may think that its time. It's a natural reaction, but you are lucky that you are the bond to her. If you ever get a male dove, this may not happen with you anymore.

Very good looking dove you have though. Well groomed and beautiful coat. Nice job on caring for your dove.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Hey Tom! Thanks for the kind words! Maybe I am the male . . . dove. Smile

And about her coat, that picture is deceiving. LOL, don't get me wrong, she is as white as snow, but she's messy when she lays down and she has like brown stains on both wings (you might be able to see it in the pic). I need to give her a bath sometime this week or on the weekend.
That wasn't a good idea the last time I put out a bath for her, but lets hope she hops in and has a jolly ol' time this time 'round. =]

-Vinnie