The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: NEED HELP FAST!!!! DYING BIRD! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Help, I need to know what to do fast I have a dove that can't keep itse'f ud its head up or anything it has no energy at all and doesn't look good I need to know waht to do fast please!
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
TAKE IT TO A VET!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4864 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Magic_man, if this just started, it probably isn't dieing. It may just have a respiratory problem. DJ's advive at this point is the best. Call your vet immediately and make sure if you have multiple doves, you separate this one from the rest.
Where the magic begins
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Bad news is that the bird didn't make it through the night. the vet couldn't do anything for it. Smile
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Magic Man, very sorry to hear that. =[

Did the vet find out what the cause was?

Sorry for the loss. =[
-Vinnie
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4864 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Magic_man, it's always tough to lose a dove. In most cases, if the bird is that sick, it's better for him to pass. I know it's tough to take but you have to think of the bird. Time heals all wounds. I'm sorry it didn't make it though.
Where the magic begins
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Magic_man, as tough as it is to lose a bird, its even tougher to watch it suffer. Nature has its way, and that can sometimes be tough. I , too, have lost birds in this manner where they seem to not be able to pick the head up, but sometimes there is absolutley nothing you can do. It was just their time.

Hope you get over the loss, and continue on in your venture......
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
I say the Same As Thomas Above.
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I don't have doves, never will either .. but I do have a Blue & Gold Macaw. From what I've heard .. by the time a bird shows signs of illness, its too late to treat them. I did have a friend that lost a few dove recently due to the cooking with a teflon coated pan. There are toxins released that are fatal to birds. He never heard about this ... until it was too late.

Hope you have better luck next time around ..

Steve
Jarana
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Jarana
Sorry for your loss magic_man, I lost a dove the same way about 2 months ago, and it was the most trained one, but as Alpha says nature has its course and the dove its in a better place now.

Jaime
Got a website? We can help--> www.clorus.com
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
Magic_man it is so sad to loose a friend.
I just learned about teflon pans. Although my birds are caged outside, I do bring them in for training. How long is the 'teflon effect' present in the air?
Max
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Self cleaning ovens in the "self clean" mode are toxic to your birds as well.

As for the teflon effect, I'd have to say it would be present in the air for 24 hours. I'd play it safe. Make sure that new air has been circulated through thoroughly prior to bringing in any of your birds.

Dave
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
Thanks Dave
Your wealth of information is appreciated.
Max
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Thanks for the support guys, it wasn't easy watching it suffer.

Thanks alot,
-Aaron