The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Best way? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Hello Café..

could you please help me out.. I need the best way to transport a couple blown out eggs.. only 4 need to be transported but must not get hurt in the process..

thanks guys and gals!

Magically Yours,
Daniel
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
YOOOO Dainel What up....
I think a cradboard box whould work with some type of padding. maybe a couple of cotton balls.
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thanks david.. its worth a try!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
One of the best ways to transport blown out eggs is in an egg carton, like fresh eggs come in. That can then be packed in a larger box with padding like bubble wrap or styrofoam peanuts.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thanks photius.. I like that idea of taking a whole carton then I can just take one out and the audiance thinks its a fresh egg.. instaed of just going up here is an egg now watch this.. there gonna think why does he have an egg?!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I put them inside a plastic egg the same as I do real eggs. (Dollar Tree!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
If you check around you can find a regular egg carton made for just 6 eggs. This is a bit more compact than carrying a full dozen-size egg carton.

Julie
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You can also coat the insides of the eggs with white glue, hanging the eggs up on toothpicks to let the excess drain out of them and allowing them to dry inside. They are then much tougher and will last longer. However, if your magic use of them involves cracking them and opening them or smashing them to pieces, then this is not a good solution.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey guys.. Not to change the subject or anything, but what exactly are Blown Out Eggs?

Do you make them or buy them?
What are they used for?
Are they delicate?

Thanks
-Vinnie
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
Quote:
On 2006-12-29 21:47, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
Hey guys.. Not to change the subject or anything, but what exactly are Blown Out Eggs?

Do you make them or buy them?
What are they used for?
Are they delicate?

Thanks
-Vinnie

Hey Vinnie,

You make your own blown out eggs.A blown out egg is basically when you take an egg and make 2 small holes in it. One on the top of the egg and one on the bottom. You do this using a safety pin, toothbick or a sewing needle, etc. Then you blow (hard I might add) into one hole and the interior of the egg (the yolk) comes out the opposite hole. When done it gives a hollow egg. But seeing how its just a shell now its pretty delicate that's why Daniel is probably looking for a way to travel with them. They have a couple uses put most people use them for dove pan routines. Hope that helps.

Neil Croswell

P.S

I think they were originaly used as eggs that could easily be painted on for Easter decorations.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Hey..

thanks guys!.
Vin- I'm pretty sure you cant buy them.. a couple ppl I know use them in dove magic.. ie dropping an egg on the floor stomping on it and producing a dove(frewin)
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
I too transport my eggs, blown and non-blown in an egg carton. As Julie mentioned, a half-dozen sized carton is available. When I use blown eggs, I always break a real one first, so I need both to carry both types to my shows. By doing this I can casually verify that the eggs are real and I think it adds to the suspense and fun of my routines.

Regan
Mister Mystery
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
I actually transport blown eggs wrapped in a silk and inside a padded jar.

There is no wrong or right way, just whatever is comfortable with you. You can even make them right on the spot if you need be. Especially if you are performing at different school arenas, just go to the Café and ask for a raw egg.

ah well, que cera cera....
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Thanks for the help guys! I could see a lot of possibilities with these! You learn something new every day!

And MagicalOdyssey, thanks for that! I was wondering how frewin dropped that egg, smashed it with his foot, and no yolk mess was on the floor.. LOL..

Thanks.. I think I'll make one today! =P
-Vinnie
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Yes.. in my case I'm just using them for a simple kid show routine. (Egg Can) but you could use these in a lot of things..
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Stores that sell camping and hiking gear sell a plastic snap open container that holds several eggs for travel.

Bob
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thanks bob!

Vinnie how did your egg turn out?
as of right now in my show I need one blown and one not.. so I carry 2 blown(incase one breaks) each is ina little foam pocket that is inside a box that is lined with more foam!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Vinnie, at first I brought blown eggs: http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel.......m=005267 Next, I read how to make them myself to save a lot of money. But they take a lot of time because of the pressure from blowing. And my jaws be in pain. Some times they have cracked on me because I was not carefull enough. An egg blower will be easier to use: http://www.hearthsong.com/hearthsong/pro......-NA-_-NA
And a ball holder is a good way to carry the eggs: http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=7334

Dynamike
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
I might try using a basket ball pump as an egg blower