The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: A funny Thing happend..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Well I just thought I would post this funny episode of one of my shows last night....

I was in the middle of my dove routine and things were going along as normal, when I decided off the top of me head to do something different spare of the moment. Why? well, I made a little mistake from the show before and left a Multiplying ball in a rear clip. So, I produce my 4th dove, and turn left and my left hand, of course, naturally falls to my side. While there I felt the multiplying ball, which was actually a multiplying YELLOW golf ball. So, does a dove lay a yellow golf ball? She did last night!! - The audience thought it was hilarious needless to say, but I was shocked myself when I realized that it was the yellow one and not the white one. That sold the idea that I too was surprised (I was!!). So, I put the dove in the cage and continue on and begin to multiply the golf ball - Suddenly, I realize that I only have "2" of the actual 3 that I need (if you are familiar, you understand) to complete the full, so I figured I would just stop there with it, so I proceed to go to my dump hat, and drop the Sh**l first, then the opposite side, then hold on to the last golf ball and then produce another dove....well.....ummm, when I tried to dump the Sh**l it bounced off a silk that was in the hat and rolled on the floor. Not just drop, but actually rolled on the edges and settled face up, so of course there was only a Ha*f sitting face up. I thought I could play it off by stepping in front of it, but instead, when I lifted my foot to step over it, my heel caught it and launched it into the audience....No one knew really what it was but I starting thinking quickly. Someone picked it up and tossed it back to me, and as soon as I caught it, I was set up for my IDH steal and it flowed naturally when the dove was produced upon catching the Sh**l ...Tragedy turned Comedic turned Wow Factor....*wiping forehead* and the show went on....

anyone else with any funny ones?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Now that's quick thinking. I think we've all had something go wrong at one time or another but you turn a simple error into an entire routine. Now if you could figure out how to do that all the time..... Well done
Where the magic begins
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Yeah, ....had to think afterwards on the way home how to incorporate the whole 'shananigan' into the actual act, of course without flashing the g**mic* next time! *ha*
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Wow! what an experience. I guess any show you can take a bow and walk away from is a good show. Just as long as you don't have to run from the audience. Goes to show that the audience doesn't really know what to expect,and if you keep your cool, they probably will never notice the difference. Only problem you got now is if anybody who saw ur show wants to book you to do that particular act. Great story.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Haha, great story Tom! I enjoyed it!

Thanks for the laugh!
-Vinnie
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
You are right about that Photius - What I'll start doing is loading stuff a week in advance so that I forget what I have on me, and just go for things that my hand reaches and figure something out. I think that will give the "oops factor".

"The Clumsy Magician will Amaze you AND himself"

*haha*
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Quote:
On 2006-12-09 22:28, photius wrote:
Wow! what an experience. I guess any show you can take a bow and walk away from is a good show.

As we skydivers say, "Any skydive from which you can walk away afterwards, was a good one".

Phil