The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Personal Menagerie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I know a lot of folks who love animals and use them in their shows tend to have more than just one sort of critter. Right now I am curious exactly how wide that range can go, what sorts of beasts everyone is using in their shows, who has the most unusual creature and just what sort of things people have around their houses.

So here's My (And Sylvers) list...
3 fish tanks, 1 of guppies, 1 lonely goldfish, and a 45 gallon of mixed tropical.
1 Hermit Crab (Named Bigclaw)
1 Peach Egyptian Ringneck Dove (Named Kai)
1 Pied Egyptian Ringneck Dove (Named Trillium)
1 Emperor Scorpion (Named Sanguis Enimus)
1 Guyanan Pink Toed Bird Eating Tarantula (Not as big and scary as she sounds- Named Bella)
1 5' Ball (Royal) Python with skull shaped markings (Cetis)

Of all of these, Cetis is the only one ever used in shows.
All of this in 1 bedroom apartment.
We are hoping to get either a Jungle Carpet Python, Dumerils Boa, some sort of frog or a Blue Tongued Skink next.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Gwyd
Astrid
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
63 Posts

Profile of Astrid
Wowzers! I can only hope that one day my menagerie will rock as ritiously as yours!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Ok, here goes:

3 Doves, all named Houdini.
1 White-faced Cockatiel
1 Parakeet
2 Rose-hair Tarantulas (1 is over 12 yrs old, the other around 7)
1 Emperor Scorpion
1 Cornsnake
2 Ball pythons (4.5 ft and 2.5ft)
1 Cat

The doves, the scorpion, the tarantulas, and all the snakes have been in my show or are in the show right now-depends on which show I am booked for.

I also used to have 2 rabbits,but they have since been adopted by a lady who lost her rabbit to cancer.
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
1 tank of tropical fish

4 doves named Mike, Chirs ,Slvester , Pickles

2 rabbits Cuddles and Chester

2 Cats Lionel and Shir-kahn

1 dwarf Hamster named Larry the Cable Hamster

all except for the fish and Shirkahn are in the show.
zig zag illusion - $3,000
theater rental - $500
geting advice from othe magicians on the cafe - priceless
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
27 doves (at the moment)
4 rabbits
3 finches
2 cats

and a wife. OOps hope she doesn't read this Smile
Where the magic begins
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
I currently have: 4 doves, 4 cornsnakes (all are different colors), and 2 dogs.

The oddest pets I ever had had were: A monkey, an alligator, a raccoon, a possum, an armadillo, and three bear cubs some rich guy bought me for my big illusion show.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Autumn,

That was quite a collection. I used to own a huge Mexican Red-Leg Tarantula. We called her Fangora.

Currently, here is my list:

1 Netherland Dwarf Blue-Eyed White Bunny
1 Netherland Dwarf Himalayan Bunny
1 Netherland Dwarf Smoke Pearl Marten Bunny
1 Pomeranian Dog
1 Mixed Cat
1 Beta Fish

Gotta get some doves someday!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
3 Macaws (Hyacinth, GreenWinged, Blue and Gold)
2 Cockatoos (Sulfur Crested & Mollucan)
1 African Grey Parrot
8 Doves
2 Budgies
1 Duck
1 Rabbit

All of them are performers except for my African Grey parrot (Merlin) who prefers to stay at home singing and talking the whole day.

Right now, I normally bring 2 macaws, a cockatoo, a duck and a rabbit in a typical show.

http://www.geocities.com/macawmagi
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
London Uk
139 Posts

Profile of WKM
I have 9 doves, so a bit pethertic compared to all yours, bit I enjoy spending time with them all the same, I don't think I could cope with anything else! ..... Although I may one day get me a nice giant white wabbit!
Liam Ball AIMC*
The Gentleman Magician
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
My shows are different as I was originally a wildlife Biologist and I perform wildlife shows but here goes;2 frilled dragons, 2 water monitors (the male is massive), 3 spectacled caimans (largest is about 4'), 2 bearded dragons, 7 corn snakes (I love corns, used to have 18 breeders), 3 albino burmese pythons (12', 13' & 17'), 1 granite burmese python(7'), 1 rhinocerous iguana, 2 tangerine honduran milksnakes, 1 pueblan milksnake, 1 jungle carpet python,1 leopard tortoise, 2 silkie chickens, 1 fennec fox (my favorite!a big clown!), 1 serval cat, 3 ferrets, 2 dutch rabbits, 1 eclectu (this is a female and she is a beautiful red head/neck with red highlights over blue feathers), 1 blue crowned conure (bird), 1 emerald toucanet(my newest bird and she is really cool)..... and 2 dogs a black lab and a jack rat. whew! I have had many others over the years but I scaled down a few years ago when I started traveling so much. We eventually plan to build a facility that is open to the public (school and church groups) but that's a few years off.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Wow Daktiri! How much does it cost to keep all those critters fed? I can't imagine how much work that is! Do you keep them in your home or another area? Just curious! You could have a really cool Halloween-type thing at your house!
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
I have a 2000 sq. ft office/warehouse/facility on some land we own where most of the animals are housed. The only ones that stay at the house full time are the dogs, the birds, and the fennec fox. It costs a pretty good amount to feed them but I get a lot of free food from a pet store who keeps a few of my big reptiles for display purposes. It's funny how everyone thinks it is such an easy job to go and do shows for a living but they're not there for the 4-5 hours daily of feeding, cleaning, training etc. My wife and kids do a lot of the feeding and cleaning.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Ok...Totally Jealous of Daktari...My two animal must haves...And you have them both.
The Caimens and a Fennec Fox. Those have to wait until I have more room to move about, but someday...
Very cool.
Gwyd
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
I would love to come visit you Daktari, just to spend time with your animals... Can only imagine the expenses and time spend caring for that many critters!
And oh yes the Fennec Fox will be mine!
It will be our first furry "child" between Gwyd and me. I'm rooting for the blue tongue skink to be our next child. Maybe I'll find one under the Yule tree this year *crosses fingers and toes*
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
I have one of the rarest animals one a boy animal and one a girl. they are both well one 5 years and one 6. oh wait those kids. I guess you can say they are animals.lol I fish tank.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
All I have is two teenaged daughters Smile
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Smile

I got one of those too!
Mister Mystery
Jarana
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Jarana
4 Humans

3 Doves

2 Rabbits

1 Dog

Jaime
Got a website? We can help--> www.clorus.com
durgy
View Profile
Elite user
Toronto
402 Posts

Profile of durgy
2 doves, 1 brother

durgy
https://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
LarryTaylor
View Profile
New user
Miamisburg Ohio
72 Posts

Profile of LarryTaylor
We have had several rabbits and they had aged and gone to rabbit heaven, we currently have 11 doves.We are not getting any more rabbits for they break our hearts.
Magical Entertainer,teacher and creative consultant.