The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove Magic at Las Vegas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Wow, I just back from Las Vegas with 4 of my magicians friends. I watched tons of top notch dove acts such as Lance Burton, Dan Sperry (great to see you there Dan & meeting you is my greatest honour!):)

Rick Thomas(very smooth..watched twice. Now doing dove toss standing to side..no longer front...Dick Arthur also did some doves from cone too...similar to the effect as performed by the Late Ken Whitaker..very nice! Smile

I am a greatest fan of Lance Burton's since I am a young boy......his show & theatre is beyond cool!When Lance appears, wow! His new illusion of appearance is simply amazing! Smile

Jay Mattioli first describe to me at SAM convention, but when I saw it LIVE...is shocking...after that he continue with his amazing FISM winning bird act.......however I noticed only one segment disturbing in my personal view... might reveal the secret of his earlier FISM bird act, Lance's was doing the Instant Magician by Jan Torell in cooperation with Sonny Fontana (with an selected adult assistant).

Kozak & Dirk at Vegas did that too...however, not sure why Lance's produced a dove with the Instant Magician trick..cos is very obvious that the dove is pull out from the jacket with a silk(holder being 'force' out)cos he is standing behind the audience-very hard to see & do, very difficult to accomplish due to the natural of the effect....not mentioning, the selected audience will feel the dove in holders being pulls out...guess the audiences know though there is applause but not strong...hmm, anyone watch this...how you feel about this? Smile

Oops, miss Joesph Gabriel's act....perhaps on vacation till Aug., he was replaced by Dan Sperry, Very cool make up & bird act! Smile

Hope to see more bird act in Vegas soon Smile
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
While in Vegas, I was able to catch up with Rick. He does do a great dove act! I was suprised at the simplicity and refined performance of his act however! While backstage, I did notice his doves look well taken care of and are pretty active! It's good to see some of the "top" performers take care of their animals as well as they do!

-Bryan Gilles
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Rick was great, but he no longer doing the 2 sleeve toss, the cockatoo since new...didn't fly back when produced & I miss his beautiful personal assistant Grace Smile
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Dove-boy, if you feel that it is quite obvious how Lance produced the dove when doing that effect, and think that the audience is seeing it, maybe you should try contacting him. I'm sure he would be very grateful of the advise, and he may be able to fix it.
If people are seeing the load of the dove, then it just ruins the magic with all his other dove acts.
weehome
View Profile
New user
Singapore
7 Posts

Profile of weehome
Yes, I was at the same show with doveboy, I must agree that the steal for Instant Magician was obvious. I am just wondering if the steal was obvious in other shows or that particular show, he made a mistake? Anyone watch the same act can comment?

I guess what Lance was trying to accomplish is the adult volunteer being able to do what he has performed so far, right?
andrély
View Profile
New user
Brasil/Portugal
40 Posts

Profile of andrély
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
Very nice routine Andrely.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Very well done!
andrély
View Profile
New user
Brasil/Portugal
40 Posts

Profile of andrély
Thanks Magicdoc88.

Hai Dave Womach.
I appreciate your job.
the 3 years ago I'm buy yours Tape " The secret of bird magic 1 and 2".
I recommend these the cover for all the magicians who work with bird.

I mainly used to advantage the of dove explosion.

Thanks.

Andrély

(sorry my ingles)
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Great routine Andrely, nice handling of your doves.

Best,

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
andrély
View Profile
New user
Brasil/Portugal
40 Posts

Profile of andrély
Thanks Maro Anglero.

Andrély