The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Birdy Magic... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Abacus
View Profile
New user
Australia
44 Posts

Profile of Abacus
I was watching a doc on the history of British occupation of India (I’m sick and there’s not much on, ok?) when they showed this Indian guy do a manipulation trick back in the 30’s. He produced a baby chick from his mouth, he then stroked its head once and then it turned into two???

Just thought it was funny Smile

Ben
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
That's very common with street magicians in India. I've also seen them use baby chickens in a variation of the cups and balls. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
kingsnqueens
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
77 Posts

Profile of kingsnqueens
Hi Ben,

About thirty years ago I was friends with an old magician who traveled the world. He did this amazing routine that started out like a normal egg bag, but then he vanished the egg, and it appeared in his mouth.

He would repeat this six times, but you would swear he produced a full dozen.

When he went for the seventh egg it changed into a baby chick, and he repeated this until he had twelve chicks running all over his table. Fantastic!

He taught me how to walk out into the audience show a top hat empty, collapse it flat, pop it open and produce a bunny.

It’s magical. Thanks Ben for the memories....

Manyfingers
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
Smile
piccard
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of piccard
I've made a page on my website for anyone interested in Dove magic the URL is: http://members.tripod.com/~pic3666/index9.html
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
Card Mondor told me of following a magician who produced baby chicks around the nightclubs in the USA many years ago.
The other magician wasn't welcome to return to many of them because he disposed of the chicks in the toilet, etc!
Card and Donna, his first wife, used a chihu... small dog and peach-face birds at various times.
I followed his suggestion and got 2 peachfaces but never used them for magic, they live in noisy retirement.
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site