The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Abbotts 1000 dollar dove vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Anyone ever see this performed? I was wondering if you have to use doves? I would love to do it with Parakeets.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Cardone,

I think using parakeets with this prop would be very disappointing. I would use something much smaller for vanishing parakeets. It isn't a bad prop but the relative sizes here using parakeets is not very impressive. It is made for much larger birds.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Thanks for the info ...yes... doves look a lot bigger than keets .....
I remember the vanish is a clean one .... Do I need an assistant for this one?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
An assistant would leave you a little cleaner. But I didn't have one when I did it. (She was becoming a Mom!) I was doing it in large night clubs. Some had real stages and some were in the flat. Working a little up stage is nice. There can be some angle problems.

I don't know what the new catalog is like. But in the older catalog this effect shared a page with a dagger type (Steadman?) livestock vanish. I've used it too even in shopping mall shows. It would work with your parakeets without making them look like little small specks of color. It has no angle problem!

You may also want to look at the MAK large Double Load Pagoda. (Please repaint it!)

You have a lot of alternatives if the birds are reasonably tame. But I think the key with small birds is small props!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
What exactly is this prop?
Dave
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I think it is a cage and box. You take them from the cage and put them into the box. Then someone from the audience can take the box apart peice by piece. The doves are gone. It's called the 1000 dollar challenge because you offer $1000 to any one who can find the doves in the box.

Posted: Mar 25, 2006 9:16pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was told you need a few Nielson l***x doves to perform this one .....
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I was told you need a few Nielson l***x doves to perform this one .....