The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove Throw Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could guide me to sources (DVDs) to vanish doves this way: You produce a dove, then you apparently throw it up in the air and something else appears. The dove has vanished.
I'm thinking of ending my candles routine with a production of a dove but rather than putting it in a cage, I'll just vanish it. Thanks guys.
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Frewins DVDs cover this very well as well as hours of other very useful info. That is where I would go .. http://www.gregfrewintheatre.com not sure if that will get you to his site but worth a try.
If not contact Timothy Drake he can tell you how to get to his site.
All the best.
John
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Greg's vid is very good and very pricey but you do get a lot of information. A few less expensive vids but just as good that describe the vanish are Shimada Doves, and or General Grants how to make a living stealing...doves of course. These are both available from Stevens Magic. Stevens
Where the magic begins
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
You can also purchase these DVD's directly from Gregs personal site here. http://www.gregfrewintheatre.com/gfrewin/

Best,

Tim
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Thanks guys. Does Shimada teach anything like that in his Greater Magic DVD?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
That's the Shimada Doves I was referencing. It's part of the Greater Magic series. The link I gave you takes you directly to the Greater Magic Library.
Where the magic begins
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
General Grant does a very good explaination of the dove to silk vanish as Dave said. He even sells anything needed for it. His stuff is very good. He's the man!
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Thanks Dave! I was kinda confused yesterday Smile . Anyone with Greg Frewin's DVDs willing to review it?
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Shimada's daaaaaa maaaaaaaaaaaan on doves...he invented like everything I think...yeah pretty much everything. I'd go for his video and General Grant's since general came up with the one handed version which looks really clean and nice and stuff. General's really goes into detailed detail about the tail pocket which is very important. he does a good job. his style may not be for everyone but YA GOTTA LEARN TO WALK BEFORE YOU CAN RUN...OK night night.
DANSPERRY.COM
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
H_A_Z, here's a review for Greg's vid

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111
Where the magic begins
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Thanks again Dave!
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
I would DEFINITELY suggest the General for the tail vanish.
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Let's not forget Dave Womach's Secrets of Bird Magic 2 volume series... He gives some great tips... HIs dove coat is awesome!!! I know they are hard to find right now; however, when he is stabble in Saipan, I believe he will be releasing them again...

Bryan
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
George Satariel has the cleanest and most relaxed version I've seen. But, I'm not sure if he's made modifications or teaches his method.
POOF!