The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Simple Dove Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
I recently acquired a very young Dove. (Thanks again, Dave) I plan to use my "tear-apart-rabbit-vanisher to get rid of him. The question is how do I produce him? I really don't want to get involved w/ body loads at this time and want the flexibility of not using a table load.

I was considering "Carnival Ribbons". I believe this is a completely self-contained effect. The Dove is loaded and picked up w/ the ribbons. How long can the dove stay loaded? I really don't want this to be my first or 2nd trick. Also, often w/certain groups where everyone is having a good time and time is not pressing, I will go off on stand-up riffs and the show will run longer. Perhaps not too professional, but a lot of fun when the chemistry is there. (I have noticed that more bookings come out of those performances!)

Sorry to get off topic. The question is: Can the dove sit for a while in the Carnival Ribbons? How long is reasonable for the dove’s health? I have been told that they often go to sleep when loaded.

Thanks again to all the folks that respond. This great thing about the Café. Being able to offer & ask for help when needed.

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Bruce,

Lucy uses that and I would think 30 minutes is fine. What I think is more important than the time is that the bird have its head up. With that prop it is easy to end up with an inverted dove. They can drown.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
For my kid shows I uses the circus wagon because the kids like because it's a circus wagon.
Hope that Helps Kyle
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The carnival ribbons should be okay as long as the dove is lying where he is in the pocket with plenty of air. Bob is right on with his advice.

If you want to make it look like a body steal with silk, consider the dove streamer which is like the carnival ribbons but made with a streamer. Of course, I make them.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
LarryTaylor
View Profile
New user
Miamisburg Ohio
72 Posts

Profile of LarryTaylor
Another nice no body load production is the balloon tray.
Magical Entertainer,teacher and creative consultant.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Get Tony Clarks Video on Dove Productions with no Body Loads. Lots of great ideas! But, IMHO the best production on that video is a very simple body load with a Vanishing Cane to silk or silks and in the process of rolling up the silks a dove is produced on the offbeat. No hunting for loops or the such. I have even adapted the idea to produce a full coke bottle.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
rhinomax
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of rhinomax
I use Toras Jumbo Die to Doves Stevens has this item it gets great response
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE FEW TO CHANGE THE WORLD "THATS USUALY HOW IT WORKS" MARGRET MEAD
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
How about a Crystal Silk Cylinder--white silk to white dove? ( A lone white silk hankerchief could be all that's left in your tear apart box, take this silk and place into the elegant Crystal Cylinder...)
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
At around $15 and self contained, Carnival Ribbons seems like a good beginer's effect for the novice dove worker. Thanks to all.

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com