The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Holding the dove loop in place (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Yes, I agree with Darcy..Dan Sperris make a very nice & neat version..I bought 2 sets from him & is great!

Thanks Dan!

Highest Recommendation!
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Sweeet, thanks Chan! If you have any questions about them let me know, I'm glad that you like them!

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I vaguely recall that Tim Starr (RNT fame) made his loop holder from thin piece of metal that made a clip area on the underside of the lapel.

If you want black loops, try Sevenstrand fishing line. It comes in a variety of thicknesses. It is a braided stainless steel wire covered with black nylon covering.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Hayre
View Profile
Loyal user
Arkansas
240 Posts

Profile of Hayre
For those who prefer wire, bend a piece into a loop, twist ends together tightly for about a half inch. Attach mono line from loop to ha-----. Now, to hold the twisted ends of wire in place, go inside jacket, and tape or sew (whatever) a 1 inch tube like a 1 inch segment from a Bic pen ink cartridge (without ink, of course). Stick the twisted ends into the ink cartridge.

This is not too different from the setup on the old Tannen Ultimatic holders (great if you can find the old ones).
Koenraad
View Profile
New user
Europe
59 Posts

Profile of Koenraad
Quote:
On 2004-04-01 22:37, sperris wrote:
Peter White sells loop holders that work excellent and I also have my own design available. Both are totally failsafe, mine is just a modification of Peter's. Its not velcro, magnets, tape, it is all self contained within your jacket and there's no funny movements to dislodge the loop.

sperrys
http://www.extremedovemagic.com

I am looking for the Dan Sperry's loop holders but can't find them. His extreme dove magic site is offline ... Where can I find them?
Who has experience using his holders?

I know fellows I reply on this topic with a delay of three years ;-)
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Personally, I just use a 24 gauge wire that I bend the loop over the lapel of my jacket. It has never failed me. =]

-Vinnie
Koenraad
View Profile
New user
Europe
59 Posts

Profile of Koenraad
I actualy use fishing line and not wire. I am not sure you can use fishing line with Sperrys loop holders, does anyone know this for sure?

Koenraad
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Yes you can. Dan adapted his holders to work with line as well as wire. The last I heard though, he wasn't supplying them any more. I could be wrong though. My memory isn't as good as it used to be.
Where the magic begins
Koenraad
View Profile
New user
Europe
59 Posts

Profile of Koenraad
Dave, do you know the adress of Dan Sperry's online magic shop?
extremedovemagic is of line.

The loop holders of Peter White can only be used with wire, right?

Koenraad
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

His new site is http://www.DanSperry.com

Check out the Merch section. =]

-Vinnie
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Hey Vinnie, have you been in the site in the last few days? I keep getting a page not found error on the magicians only page.
Where the magic begins
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Dave, I just went on the site and to the Magicians Only page when I posted the link, and it looked fine to me.

-Vinnie
Koenraad
View Profile
New user
Europe
59 Posts

Profile of Koenraad
Dave, Vinnie thanks for your input.
I have just got a mail from Dan Sperry telling he still produce his Loop Holders.
Now I'm going to put my order ...

Koenraad
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Quote:
On 2007-07-17 19:20, Dave Scribner wrote:
Hey Vinnie, have you been in the site in the last few days? I keep getting a page not found error on the magicians only page.

I am getting this as well when I type the 'password'
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
K guys its a trick question....

just type in professor and CLICK on the page, not on your keypad...thanks,

dan
DANSPERRY.COM
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
I was typing in 'the professor'!

Now it's working though.

Thanks.

~Eddy

Posted: Jul 25, 2007 9:56am
Bingo, just ordered 3 of the loop holders.

Now to see if they're as good as everyone says!

All the best,

~Eddy
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey guys,

thanks for the orders, I got some out today...I'm goin to be raising the price tonight to $20 each and also having a $10 downloadable PDF of how to make them yourself if you wish to do it that way. I'm also going to be re-releasing my dove from sketch pad as a pdf so you can make it yourself too to however you want.
DANSPERRY.COM
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Looks like I ordered them just at the right time!
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey folks,

been getting a number of emails wondering about the downloadable version of the loop holder gimmick I created...well I ended up switching to a Mac recently so I've been swapping all my files and whatnot so I've sort of fallen behind, but as of tonight you can go on the site and get the downloadable pdf version...thanks for all the patience...

Dan
DANSPERRY.COM
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Glad you have left the dark side and come to the graphic side of things.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.