The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Do you let kids hold your rabbit? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
From what I know - not exactly exhaustive - well-kept rabbits are among the least sick animals around and have very few diseases they can transmit to humans. Does anyone know otherwise? I bought mine from a reputable breeder who confirmed that there really weren't a lot of shots to get, etc., as long as she wasn't exposed to diseases like rabies and her cage was cleaned weekly, and with fall-through wire mesh. Anyone had rabbits infect kids?
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Quote:
On 2007-11-29 21:20, Mumblemore wrote:
From what I know - not exactly exhaustive - well-kept rabbits are among the least sick animals around and have very few diseases they can transmit to humans. Does anyone know otherwise? I bought mine from a reputable breeder who confirmed that there really weren't a lot of shots to get, etc., as long as she wasn't exposed to diseases like rabies and her cage was cleaned weekly, and with fall-through wire mesh. Anyone had rabbits infect kids?

In the US, there are no shots needed for rabbits. Our domestic rabbits do not carry any of the diseases common to many other animals. This is especially true if your rabbit is kept indoors.

A knowledgeable vet will tell you that there are no shots to get for your rabbit and your vet is the one to check with about your concerns. Breeders are not the best source of information about rabbits, other than how to breed them and fatten them up.

Bob
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
After the show start the "petting zoo" line. Hold the birds and let the bunny hang out on a chair. It's petting ONLY! No holding!
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 15:33, Regan wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-23 10:21, Skip Way wrote:

This hasn't hit the birthday market yet...but I wouldn't think it was too far off.
It's a wonder how we've survived as a species as long as we have, huh?

Yes......and how much longer we are going to survive!

That's typical thug-like government in the U.S. The government that governs best, governs least. It won't be long and we'll need a permit to breathe!

If I have to submit to inspections, ever, I'll announce that the government took the rabbit out of the show. As it is, this country is going down the tubes. This used to be a democracy, before spin doctors and politicians turned the masses into sheep.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Wow, I need to find out where you all are getting your liability insurance coverage for your shows. You don't have any restrictions about audience members touching or handling your livestock?

Our company seems to be very uptight compared to what you guys can get away with. I would lose my coverage in a second if they found out I had let anyone touch one of our animals.

We can't get IBM coverage here in Canada, but I would truly be interested in finding out if any of you have coverage elsewhere that might be available to me, especially from the other Canadians that have posted here.

Thanks,

Rob