The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: All New Dove Productions (Video) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Bryan, thanks for the help.. No, I don't have any of Womach's or Frewin's stuff..

The only DVD's/books I have on dove magic are Doves 101, Unmasks 1 + 2, and Chavez's Encyclopedia of Dove Magic..

But I'll work on the hooking of the loop more..

Thanks,
-Vinnie
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Vinnie....I think you have done a great job. To the laymen, you are going to stun them and blow them away. (this is referring to Bryan's comment). As Dove Magicians, we are always going to see the "flash" - " hook" because we know what to look for. That is part of the art. Watching Tony Clark, Frewin, Shimada, etc...you can see when the "hookup" is done only because we ourselves have that trained eye. Being more fluid with it just takes time, experience and practice, but at the same time can still be recognized but only because we do the same thing. So, what I am trying to say Vinnie is that to the normal spectator, they will never see this (unless its obvious when you look at the dirty hand). So, continue on, YOU'RE DOING GREAT!
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Tom, thanks for much for the comment! I understand completely what you mean..

I'll keep at it! =]
-Vinnie
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Vinnie, I can tell you are going to be the next Lance Burton. I like how smooth your handling is. When you are rich and popular, please do not forget about me. Smile

Quote:
On 2006-11-17 11:07, Dave Scribner wrote:

Some IVD's have removable loops so after the dove is produced, the loop can be taken off (usually it's just a snap fastener) but the harness remains on the bird.

Where can we find these?
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Haha, thanks Mike! And if I make it that far, I certainly won't hesitate to drop you a line.. =]

About the IDH's with removable loops, I know that Tony Clarks harness has that feature.. that's the only one I know of though.. Dave may help you more..

-Vinnie
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
The first one on the cards was very good, not a lot of movement of your shirt or anything, the others though I wouldn't necessairly suggest just pulling out a dove on an IDH without any sort of cover like that. Just my opinion, kinda risky
DANSPERRY.COM
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Sperry, thanks for chiming in and for the advice.. Yeah, after seeing all of these comments, I agree.. I should have atleast used a silk or some other means of cover..

This is why the video is here, for advice and criticism.. And I accept all of it. =]

-Vinnie
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2006-11-18 15:53, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
About the IDH's with removable loops, I know that Tony Clarks harness has that feature.. that's the only one I know of though.. Dave may help you more..

-Vinnie

Oh, I thought he meant instant removable loops. What I dislike about Tony's is the silver can be easily noticed in front of the dove's chest. I have been using The Invisible Dove Harness like you.
andrély
View Profile
New user
Brasil/Portugal
40 Posts

Profile of andrély
Very Good, Vinnie!!!!
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Thanks very much!!

-Vinnie
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Dynamike, sorry I didn't see your question earlier. Yes, Tony Clarks removable loop is one I was thinking about. You replace the silver clasp with a small dress snap. The come in white. After producing the dove, if you place one finger on the harness end and give a quick pull on the loop, it will unfasten. It takes some practice but it does get rid of the loop. Every so often, you need to check the snaps because initially they are tight and producing the bird is easy. After the snaps come apart a certain number of times, they may loosen up and need replacing.
Where the magic begins
roham92
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of roham92
Great job vinnie, I really liked the first productio on the cards. It combined a nive flourish with a nice producion. What kind of an invisible harness are you using because it seems great.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Thanks a lot Roham! Everyone seems to like that one the most.. LOL.. Initially, whn I was making this video, my mindset was that "the less cover you have, the more impossible the production (looks)".. Well, I was quite wrong.. Now I know that having a silk, or a deck of cards just for a little bit of cover is way better than having nothing.. My next video will include more cover, and I'm sure everyone will be more pleased..

The IDH I am using is one that someone here on the Café sent to me out of the kindness of their heart.. I don't know if this person would like to be recognized for it or not, so I'll leave it up to him to chime in if he feels it's necessary..

Thanks guys! Your helping me so much!!
-Vinnie
roham92
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of roham92
LOL I just relized what IDH stand for......Now I feel kinda dumb.
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Glad to help, Vinnie...that is what "Magician's helping Magicians" is all about! *smile*
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Hehe, thanks Tom..

I appreciate it!
-Vinnie