The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove Levitation :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
GlassMagicCo
View Profile
New user
Midland, TX
11 Posts

Profile of GlassMagicCo
I have to add my two cents here. I have been performing Dan Birch's version for over 6 years and I assure all of you that although I perform it proficiently I am still no master at it but nevertheless from day one of performing this effect it has never failed to receive a gasping response from my audiences and always goes over well. It is also the best method of the few that I am aware of since it does hold the bird securely.

Also, for whatever it’s worth, Dan is a great guy and at one time basically overhauled the gimmick for me when the spring came loose and at no charge. Also, keep in mind that you have to freshen up the gimmick with new feathers on occasion.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
It is better to place a dove lying down on a tip of a sword with a stand. I don't call it a levitation, it's a suspension. My harness is just made out of thin white wire. I can do this close up and surrounded.
I've seen Sonny Fontana do a lying down macaw levitation using a very common object and it works great for him.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I remember the first time I saw that illusion, the thought that went through my mind was "what do you know, a bird flying, who would have thunk?" but the rest of the audience went crazy.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
I have used this gimmick a few times for levitation or suspension, the audience do response with amazement because it is something so different just producing a dove or vanishing it. Even though the item is not cheap, but you are not paying just for the gimmick, but the IDEA that makes this illusion work. Just like any magical gimmicks, once you find out how it works, then you may have second thoughts that you have overpay the product.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I am adding doves back into my act. I had a dove act back in the early 80's and used to do the Silvan Dove Suspension. It always received a heck of a reaction.

For the performers who may have both suspensions and without going into much detail, why is one better then the other. If at all!

Ray