The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Lights...camera...action! :: Marketing and advertising for magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magoben
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of magoben
Hello.

I would like to give my opinion about this topic.

For big shows, it's seems the only solution to promotion is tv ads. I will dare to say that that isn't effective any more.

You could use so much resources and for a very very low price than if you would advertise on TV.

The key is to find creative ways to advertise. You don't need TV. If you have the money, do it, but always include other channels, like radio, newspaper, brand activation and war marketing or guerrilla advertising, publics relationships and a lot of more things you could do.

You also have to measure your target and the capacity for the shows. For example, if you need 250 people to fill the auditorium, you won't have to use tv, even radio. You could use a free newspaper release talking about your show.

Also you have to be updated with the new ways of advertising, like for example facebook, in internet. Or massive emails.

For a show we had for the society of magicians here in my country, we gathered like 1,500, with a $800 budgeet for advertising.

So any comment, question or doubt about this I'll glad to help you. Ohhh and BTW I'm studying advertising an I've worked with real clients in this.