The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Lights...camera...action! :: Does anyone have a Close-up magic demo video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
What do you guys (and Girls) think of having a close-up demo video? Do you have one? Has it helped you book more gigs? What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
I say it couldn't hurt.

Showing the magic in different situations with voiceovers explaining the benefits to the establishment that may hire you.

Working the line waiting to get in, working tables covering delays in getting food and/or working behind the bar in the lounge area enticing customers to stay longer (and spend more money).

I keep offering an inexpensive service to do video work...Send me raw footage and I will edit, add voiceovers, add music. If you don't likw it then there is no cost...if you do then a small gratuity would be nice.

When no one takes me up on an offer like that then I just figure people don't really follow through with video work they just like to talk about it.

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Bryan Thanks for your input. I am actually working on sevral other video projects at the moment and got to thinking about this close-up demo video idea. I had never seen or heard of one and was just wondering if it has been done and if so did it produce any results. Please do not be offended if I do not take you up on your offer. I have all of the resources availible to produce a high quality DVD. However anyone else would be crazy not to take you up on this opratunity!

I can't wait for even more great ideas...

Thanks,
Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
Didn't mean you..sorry for mix-up.

I do think any advertising/marketing tool should be used. I work under the "What Can It Hurt" mindset. Cost is a very big issue for any marketing entity especially for a one man operation such as magic.

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Fitz,

There is indeed a demand for closeup magic promo videos. In fact, we just finished producing one for a magician in the Harrisburg, PA, area. We filmed him performing at a restaurant (once all the clearances had been taken care of), and cut together a nice (in my *humble* opinion! *grin*!) He has already gotten several offers as a direct result of this video (including work in Florida!).

Seriously, though, there are many performers doing this exact thing. Now, the one we cut had some serious graphics that we designed to keep his video congruent with his other marketing material. I also did a quick 15 second CG animation to introduce his name. I'll post it if you're interested, but I'm sure any competent video production company in your area would be able to do the same.

Good luck!

Scott Sullivan

Reels in Motion