The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: For those of you who may want to learn the C&B routine of Michael Skinner. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
If you would like to learn Michael's routine you can do so by going here. http://skinnercups.com/

I have used this very routine for many years and it has served me very well.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
DONE
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Be careful, I understand that these cherries are made of the cheap and light plastic that you encounter in a fake bowl of fruit. I would stick to the fake olives that Donnie sells at RNTII. They have the mass/weight you need for certain vanishes and they look realistic.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
Be careful, I understand that these cherries are made of the cheap and light plastic that you encounter in a fake bowl of fruit. I would stick to the fake olives that Donnie sells at RNTII. They have the mass/weight you need for certain vanishes and they look realistic.

Good call on that. Olives can also be obtained from Magicsmith http://www.magicsmith.com/replacement-olives.html
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Got the download. Awesome. Everyone should get it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
It is very entertaining but looks similar to Vernon's one, I already have a lot of material on c&b, by Ammar, mendoza, vernon, colombini. What would this routine will add to those?
Pablo
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2013-12-08 15:10, pabloinus wrote:
It is very entertaining but looks similar to Vernon's one, I already have a lot of material on c&b, by Ammar, mendoza, vernon, colombini. What would this routine will add to those?
Pablo

Many have assumed that this is just another version of the Vernon routine. It is not however. Yes the very first part starts off like Vernon's but then takes a different route. This is all explained in the pdf. This is Michael's version of Charlie Miller's Impromptu Cups and Balls routine which can be found in Bruce Elliot's book CLASSIC SECRETS OF MAGIC.

What Michael called his Scatter Phase is one of the main draws to this routine. The Scatter phase can be added most C&B routines that use the 3 balls and three cups.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
Excellent routine. Thanks for making us aware of this.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
You are welcome Motown. Thank you to those that have ordered it so far. If you have any questions just ask.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
If anyone has thoughts on this manuscript so far feel free to give a review etc...

Randy
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I orderd the manuscript from Randy and he promptly repleid. My favorate patr is the "scatter phase". so much going on and so clear. I am happy that Randy put this out. thanks Randy and steve.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Good to read that you are pleased with the manuscript Robert. As I have said it is a very good routine. One that I and others have used for many years.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
By learning somebodies routine you learn somebodies thinking and this can be very rewarding. I like Micheal Skinners thinking. it is these kind of recording of routine that will take care that Micheal is not forgotten. very good job guys.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
The Micheal Skinner Cups and Balls Routine is now sold exclusive By Lybrary.com you will find it here http://www.lybrary.com/michael-skinners-......648.html
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Thank you again from Steve P. and Myself for your comments. Here is one that Andrew Pinard also made.

Andrew Pinard This is an important manuscript detailing a remarkable routine from one of magic's most dedicated practitioners. Skinner's "Scatter Phase" is very strong and has significant impact on viewers. Highly recommended for students of the cups and balls..."
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Not sure of all the guests on the Tonight Show video. My guesses:

- Jack Lemmon
- Joe Flynn
- Tony Curtis...or Tony Randall
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2013-12-24 22:04, Chessmann wrote:
Not sure of all the guests on the Tonight Show video. My guesses:

- Jack Lemmon
- Joe Flynn
- Tony Curtis...or Tony Randall

From Michael's far right. Jack Lemmon, Joe Flynn, On Michael's left was the Guest host of the Tonight Show for that evening. Tony Curtis.