The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Cups and balls - rub a dub dub (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
roguemagic
View Profile
New user
bizarre iowa
96 Posts

Profile of roguemagic
A few years ago, I was able to find the routine "Rub a dub dub" on the internet, for the cups and balls. I remember that it was rather clever. I am currently tutoring a student of mine, and thought this routine would be perfect for him. Does anyone know where I might find this?

Please PM me if you have any info.

Take care,
Craig Wilson
dmk_kirkland
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of dmk_kirkland
This was published in the Michael Skinner issue of Genii - sorry I don't know the issue but you should be able to get it from the Genii site. I don't know where it is available on the internet.
Cheers,
David
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Craig:

I got it off a site back in Jan. 2000. It was a routine by Jack Bateman and I believe the site was put together by Lou Lancaster.

Lou's new site is

http://www.rivnet.net/loulancaster/

The routine is not on it now, but I'm sure if you contact Lou via the e-mail option on his site he might be able to get it to you.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Rover
View Profile
New user
Arizona
49 Posts

Profile of Rover
Lou Lancaster.... now there is a name you don't here much any more. I used to have his Commercial Close-up Magic video years ago. Some great stuff on there that I still use to this day.

I contacted him recently via the website listed above to see if the video or book was still available, and unfortunately they are not. He did return my e-mail rather quickly. Hope he has the information you are looking for.
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
The original routine was by Gene Gordon and is published in "Gene Gordon's Magical Legacy"
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
The original routine was by Gene Gordon and is published in "Gene Gordon's Magical Legacy"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy, actually the routine was by Jack Bateman...Gene marketed the effect. Something few people know about though is that there was actually one more phase...the final loads. Gene had decided to keep that phase out in order to keep the effect in the "self-working" class.

Mike