The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: More cup pictures on line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Han Solo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Han Solo
Mr. palmer could you recomend a good set of minni cups?
Thanks.
Kill da wabbit! Kill da wabbit!-Elmer Fudd
B-MAN
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
72 Posts

Profile of B-MAN
Mr. Palmer,
Just got done looking at your cup page, really nice.
I have always enjoyed your posts and all the knowledge you have to share, but, only now have I found out WHY I enjoy your writing so much, S.A.S.S. Because of the laws here we try the best we can, but the best we can do is a modified form of ipsc.

Thanks for a great web page.
" No matter what you accomplish in this life.... the size of your funeral will be determinded by the weather " Gizzard

G.B.T.S.
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Bill, I am glad to see that the Danny Dew cups ended up in exactly the right place. Beautiful collection! Now, I have been reminded that I need to send you a letter.

Warmest regards,
Glenn
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks, Glenn! Sorry it took so long for me to read your post!

Still more cups to go on the site. I was at my local magic shop today, and started poking around in a box marked "Cups and Balls." I found a BUNCH of cups that I didn't have. Some are, as far as I know, completely discontinued.

None of them wore "world beater" rarities, like the Paul Fox cups, but there were some gems in there.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Bill, your cups runith over. Nice Website, do you ever bust any of those beauties out and use them? I would love to see you perform.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Great collestion Bill! Of the regular size cups, which one do you use in performance? Or, do you rotate then? Do you have a favorite in terms of the physical properties (not the cosmetic) of the cups?
B-MAN
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
72 Posts

Profile of B-MAN
Quote:
On 2004-05-04 00:03, Han Solo wrote:
Mr. palmer could you recomend a good set of minni cups?
Thanks.

I would also be intrested in your ideas on a set of mini cups ( just to let you know I can not afford the Risner cups )

Thank you for your time
" No matter what you accomplish in this life.... the size of your funeral will be determinded by the weather " Gizzard

G.B.T.S.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Regarding standard cups -- it's hard to say. I don't do chick loads, so I would probably choose the Sherwood copper cups or the Paul Fox brass cups for regular work.

Most of the time, when I do anything cup and ballish, it's a chop cup routine with my leather chop cup that Mike Swarc made for me.

Regarding mini cups:
I like the Riser cups and the Van Dokkum minis the best. But they are not cheap.

After that, the minis by Ickle Pickle would be my choice. There are two models. There is the conical model, and there is also a rounded model which may not still be available. Pictures to be on my site soon.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

B-MAN
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
72 Posts

Profile of B-MAN
Mr. Palmer

Thanks for the info, I just ordered the Ickel Pickel
mini cups, don't know which ones. Thanks again.

G.B.T.S.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Bill,

They have programs for people who are that far "into their cups!" Smile

Great collection, but I'm rather surprised that you don't seem to have a set of the old National Magic Lota Cups & Balls! or did I miss that?

Just a beautiful collection. I'm green with envy - or is that the tacos from dinner...?

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks, Lee.

I'm surprised I don't, myself. I had two sets of them up until a few years ago, when I sold most of my first collection of cups to Kenna Thompson.

I got rid of all but the Charlie Miller cups, the Stubbies, the Danny Dew PF type 1 cups, the Andruzzi/Tayade Indian Cups, the Ravel Mini Cups, the R n T Stainless cups and some of the Chop cups.

I have recently acquired some more sets that I will be photographing soon to go up on the site.

Well, the lastest cups and balls pictures are up on my NEW! IMPROVED! Cups and balls web site.

You can still get to it through the old address, but it's faster now to go to http://www.cupsandballsmuseum.com

Enjoy!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Bill......That's INCREDIBLE!!! I'm still on my first set of rinky dink aluminum cups. If you placed one ball under just one cup, you could invite guests to try to guess which cup the ball is under....
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks!

I'm on my 7th set of rinky dink aluminum cups, but 2 of them are no longer made!

Seriously, I'm hoping that one day, I'll be able to display these things at one of the major conventions.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Bill
That is an impressive collection and a well done site. Now when I get accused of having an obsession I have an out, I'll point them to your site!

I have a small collection.
Ravel Aluminum ( the one that started it ) I've even done the rice bowls with them.
Mikame wood (all chop cups)
Johnson copper combo (old ones)
Riser Standard
Riser Jumbo
Riser / Loomis Mini chop cup combo
Sherwood Silver Engraved
Sherwood Silver and Gold Engraved
Sherwood Smooth Silver
Sherwood Smooth Silver Gold interior
Sherwood Smooth Brass
Last but not least Pringles Can Chop Cup (can)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Hey Bill. I like your site. I like the plain old Paul Fox cups better than the chick cups. I like the look better.

I'm still using the Cellini Cups as my workers right now. Love 'em.

Your Johnson Products cups look good. Great find! Smile

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-07-16 09:43, BSutter wrote:
Bill
That is an impressive collection and a well done site. Now when I get accused of having an obsession I have an out, I'll point them to your site!

I have a small collection.
Ravel Aluminum ( the one that started it ) I've even done the rice bowls with them.
Mikame wood (all chop cups)
Johnson copper combo (old ones)
Riser Standard
Riser Jumbo
Riser / Loomis Mini chop cup combo
Sherwood Silver Engraved
Sherwood Silver and Gold Engraved
Sherwood Smooth Silver
Sherwood Smooth Silver Gold interior
Sherwood Smooth Brass
Last but not least Pringles Can Chop Cup (can)

Those are some good cups to have. I used to have a set of those Mikame chop cups, but I sold them when I sold off my first collection.

I'm glad I can provide a service to people who need someone to point to in order to say, "See, he's worse than I am!!"

Quote:
On 2004-07-16 14:37, Frank Starsini wrote:
Hey Bill. I like your site. I like the plain old Paul Fox cups better than the chick cups. I like the look better.

I'm still using the Cellini Cups as my workers right now. Love 'em.

Your Johnson Products cups look good. Great find! Smile

Frank

Thanks, Frank. The Cellini cups definitely are nice. The Paul Fox chick cups are interesting to work with. They stay in the cabinet most of the time, though. The Riser Jumbos are more "cooperative." And the Gazzo's are fun to play with.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Mr Palmer,
The best of the best.
That I could find to this point in time.
I clarify that the Mikamee cups I picked up in the 70'at the time of original release.

Bill Sutter
The Great Blackwell
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
58 Posts

Profile of The Great Blackwell
Mr. Palmer, Beautiful web site and excellent photography! I can't wait to see how it looks after you post your latest aquisitions!!
One suggestion: you should count your cups and set up a sign like at McDonalds with a running total (over 99 Billion served). Just kidding. Thanks for sharing your beautiful collection with us all!
-Dave in Minneapolis

"Never trust anyone in a wedding dress, especially a woman!"
-Sam Malone
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks for your kind words.

So far, I have 78 sets of regular cups, 24 sets of plastic or paper cups from magic sets or similar sources (these are not on line yet) and 20 chop cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Hey Bill Palmer,
Is that service provided free of charge?
OK just kidding.
bill sutter