The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Ammar's Fox Cups... (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
They look so well tanned, love it Bruce.

Francis
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of BCS
Francis... Thanks, I enjoy your Cup photos as well... the fact is we just like Cups...LOL.

Bruce
JESmagic
View Profile
New user
Ann Arbor, MI
90 Posts

Profile of JESmagic
Bruce,
Love the patina of those cups. I can see the reddish hue, very cool. I will take a photo of my personal set--just need to get the battery in my digital camera charged, and post them later this evening. Mine have developed an iridescent yellowish hue. Did you use your "bronzing method" with Palmolive to get that hue, or is a natural patina?
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of BCS
Jonathan... the patina on this set is the real deal; they were the first set of Cups that I purchased from RNT2 (Jake era), those and a set of Mendoza Cups which I have been keeping shiny, but now I am letting them turn.

Find some batteries...LOL

Bruce
JESmagic
View Profile
New user
Ann Arbor, MI
90 Posts

Profile of JESmagic
Bruce-- here is my personal set of JESmagic Squatty 2's--the ones I use most often. They have a natural patina to them, and then I coated them with a nitrocellulose guitar lacquer to protect the patina. The balls you see are new working balls that I just made 2 days ago--I needed some practice on my suturing lol. I think they came out nice.

Click here to view attached image.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of BCS
Jonathan... Thanks for the photo; yep... they are a great looking set of Cups, the Squatty 2’s look fantastic turned. The lacquer does give them quite the shine... I like it. You did a good job making the balls too.

Bruce
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24316 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Standard Paul Fox cups were intended to take a lacrosse ball. At the time they were designed, lacrosse balls were popular with jugglers, because they were consistent in size and were brilliant white. Nowadays, there is a bigger size variation, but they have always been smaller than tennis balls.

Quote:
On Feb 17, 2012, Dougini wrote:
I have a set of Paul Fox Rings 'N Things stainless steel cups. A tennis ball won't fit, though. Gotta find a good final load...fab fruit ain't it...
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com