The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Transformer by Werry... Anyone have it? Used it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Priest
View Profile
New user
NYC
100 Posts

Profile of Priest
I was wondering if anyone has every used "Transformer by Werry." Supposedly it is much like the Raven but quite a lot cheaper. Is it good? Is it crap?

Here's the description:
Originally invented by Werry in the early '60s, this incredible utility device blew away the thousands of European magicians who have had the chance to see it in action, and now you can, too! Here are just a couple of the many possible uses for Werry's Transformer device:

The magician shows a real coin on his outstretched palm or on a table. He covers the coin for the briefest moment and it completely vanishes! Or...

You place a coin on the table and give a glass to a spectator to examine. The spectator then holds the glass underneath the table. You briefly touch the coin on the table and apparently push it through the table, landing with a loud clink in the glass!

No magnets
Use any coins
Makes incredible changes, vanishes and appearances very easy.
Comes with special device and illustrated instructions with five different routines.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
Priest
"Funk is not something U can buy at the corner store.
It is something that U find deep within Ur Soul!"
.:The One Year Project:. .:Forums:.
Madmonk
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Madmonk
I have it, and personally I think its junk. It has been banished to my magic drawer of no return, right next to zinger. Smile
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I had it, for about 2 minutes - it's junk. Do not buy.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
WOW, the description is obviously unfair hype. Is it easily detectable? Impractical? What's the problem?

Jakks
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
...if you want real *junk* then rush out and buy 'Marvoyan's Compact Key'. Someone's having a laugh here. This really is a 'diabolical' trick.

Frank.
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
B-MAN
View Profile
New user
Luxembourg
72 Posts

Profile of B-MAN
Thanks to you all and the "search" on this form, I just saved some money. You have to admit tho, the thing does sound really good.

Thanks
" No matter what you accomplish in this life.... the size of your funeral will be determinded by the weather " Gizzard

G.B.T.S.
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
I think Werry's stuff is kind of sketchy...
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Okay, here we go.

I am not apt to say something is 'junk', even though it may be. I will however voice my displeasure with an item if I feel it is not up to par.

I cannot stress my disappointment with The Transformer enough. The idea is a sound one, I have seen a similar idea years ago under the name 'Incredi-Go' by Al Cohen. The Transformer is another, inferior incarnation of this idea.

What makes The Transformer so bad? It is simply unworkable. I tried, and I tried, and I tried to hold this thing. Impossible. The skin on my fingers was RAW from trying (anyone who bought this knows what I am talking about). It is simply poorly designed.

This is probably the ONLY effect I bought, worked with for days on end, only to throw it in the garbage as utterly unworkable.

Stay away from this one.

Sean
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
JUNK!!!, it doesn't work at all, a little piece of plastic, nothing more. You get what you pay for.
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
It's the worst trick that I ever bought. Very very disappointed with it. Smile
DMR
View Profile
New user
Chicago Area
21 Posts

Profile of DMR
I am sure glad this effect didn't cost more than $10 dollars. It is a nice principle but it just doesn't work or come to par with how the ad describes it. Basically it is one of those items that it is nice to know how it works to broaden your knowledge but goes into the drawer of stuff that you will probably never have a use for. It gets a Smile from me.