The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: PythonPull by HotTrix (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
How good is the quality for this NEW reel?

http://www.hottrix.com/html/pythonPull.shtml
juggler13
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of juggler13
It is loud.I would say don't get it.
SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
The Python Pull is not as loud as some on the market but still to much noise for most close up work. I suggest my pulls for stage use. Even the line is best for stage. This real is not designed for serpentine silk (although a bit strong, you could manage it with the Lite strength python pull) or featherweight tricks. It is designed for heavy-duty work. I use my lite or medium strength pull for silk through the microphone stand (or as in my act, silk thru handcuffs, spike heels on a shoe etc...) for years and it never fails. Steve uses the same model at conventions and in demos and yanks on it like crazy and never a break. Thousands of demos and it still works. The heavy duty is strong enough to pick your cell phone of the ground. It is the strongest reel I have ever seen in the magic market.

The issues are is it the right reel for your needs. There are many great reels available today. There are many that are junk. Some are no more than key chains, broken open, re-worked and when put back together tend to break. Ours was designed not to compete with the small, lightweight reels already available, there are plenty of those and they work fine. Ours is to open up new doors in that a reel can now handle the heavy work they never did before. Heavy jumbo coins and bird cages can now vanish without worry of breaking thread and so on. I suggest stopping by your favorite magic shop and give it a try prior to purchase to see if it is what you need.

I hope this helps.
Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
camerontheconfusionist
View Profile
New user
Aberdeen, Scotland
13 Posts

Profile of camerontheconfusionist
Is this the sort of thing that I could use to vanish people's mobile phones and would it need to be the "super" one with the grabber clip. Im trying to work out something that will vanish a phone but need to know if this will do the job - any help would be great - cheeeers
juggler13
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of juggler13
Yeah it is a nice pull,but I am a close-up guy.It would definately work on stage or in a parlor setting.
camerontheconfusionist
View Profile
New user
Aberdeen, Scotland
13 Posts

Profile of camerontheconfusionist
Thanks juggler13
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Maria...give us a reference to your reels; their name, access to them, etc. What's your website?

Thanks.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
You can see them at

http://www.hottrix.com/html/pythonPull.shtml

their names, strengths and photos are there.
Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
The python pull came in and it is amazing!! The mechanism is not loud, and it was way beyond my expectations. WARNING: You'll be playing with it all night!:P
SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
Thanks for taking the time to post that, I appreciate your comments
Hugs and Hissessss
Maria
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Just wanted to thank Maria for her honest remarks regarding her products. You can tell she wants you to be happy with your purchase, which is something a lot of dealers don't seem to think about. She isn't pushing her product on you if it isn't right for you, and I think a lot of dealers could learn from that. Even though these reels are not for me (I work primarily in formal, corporate, close-up settings), I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your honesty. Any of my stage-working buddies needs a reel, I now know where to send them to start their quest. Thank you for setting the bar so high.

With admiration,
Karl L. Miller
Folsom, California
SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
Thanks for your comments
Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
Jeff Kellogg
View Profile
New user
Boston
52 Posts

Profile of Jeff Kellogg
Do these reels lock, at all?
I need a reel that will lock with the cord at a certain length, and then when I pull on, it will unlock, and retract. Does anyone know of any reels that will do this?
Jeff Kellogg
View Profile
New user
Boston
52 Posts

Profile of Jeff Kellogg
It also has to be quite heavy duty, not your standard id reel, something strong.
SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
The Python Pull comes in three strengths. If you are looking for a heavy-duty pull then go for the “super strength” model but it does not have a lock.

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
magicjoejoe
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magicjoejoe
This is the strongest pull EVER! I vansih a jumbo coin with it and wow, it is gone in a heartbeat. Very fast and very strong.
magicandrew
View Profile
New user
Australia
58 Posts

Profile of magicandrew
Is the line relatively invisible?
""Magic is your art handle it well""
magicandrew
View Profile
New user
Australia
58 Posts

Profile of magicandrew
Also how long is the line
""Magic is your art handle it well""
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
The python pull is better in my opinion than another other "pull" product on the market.

I bought one and I find its much quicker retracting than most other devices.
You can buy a cheap 10 or 20 dollar pull or make your own elastic type,
but you really get what you pay for.

I highly reccomend it to anyone who wants to vanish anything. I've done some pretty crazy vanishes right in spectators faces with mine.

I agree with Karl's post about Maria's products. I was totally satisfied with mine and didn't need help, but I hear if you have problems or questions, she's very quick to help.

So many people sell junk in the magic market, this is a high quality item well worth the price. I've had mine for months now and its still working like new.

Just one man's opinion of course,

Steven
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
I own the strongest, purchased in error and will sell it for 80% of current MSRP including shipping. It is in original bubble pack and never used.
send me a PM if interested.
Dick Lucas
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas