The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: D'lites Straight from the Source (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jarche
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia, Canada
17 Posts

Profile of Jarche
I wanted to get my hands on some D'lites (ultra bright white), but Penguin Magic was sold out. So I ordered a pair from dlite.com, which seemed like it was straight from the creator. That was a week ago, and I have yet to get confirmation of shipment and the order says 'preparation in progress' on their website. Their FAQ says they usually ship within 2 days. I've contacted them through their website form and have yet to get a response.

Has anyone else ordered from this website? Have you received your product? Were they inordinately slow? Or should I dispute the payment through Paypal and get a refund?

Thanks in advance, and let me know if this isn't the right subforum.
Proud member of the GLOMM
Jarche
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia, Canada
17 Posts

Profile of Jarche
Scratch that. I heard back from Roger, they were out of parts and are shipping tomorrow. Was worried that I'd stumbled across a knock-off website and I would never receive the product. Crisis averted.
Proud member of the GLOMM
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
I would also like to ad that I just received the new ultra brights and they are outstanding!!! Very fast service and good emails from Roger. Would highly suggest doing business
directly with Roger.

I use my D'lites a lot on Halloween. I puck the red lights from everywhere and drop them in the bags the kids are holding. Last year I had a neighbor tell me that when they got home they
dumped all the candy out on the table and spent 20 minutes looking for the little red lights that they were sure I had dropped into their son's bag.

Have a great day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2017, Walking Bob wrote:
I would also like to ad that I just received the new ultra brights and they are outstanding!!! Very fast service and good emails from Roger. Would highly suggest doing business
directly with Roger.

I use my D'lites a lot on Halloween. I puck the red lights from everywhere and drop them in the bags the kids are holding. Last year I had a neighbor tell me that when they got home they
dumped all the candy out on the table and spent 20 minutes looking for the little red lights that they were sure I had dropped into their son's bag.

Have a great day,

That is so funny!

Walking Bob in Iowa
Mentalism in Ontario.
deafmetal
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of deafmetal
I always buy them direct from Dlite, love 'em!
Wilktone
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville, NC
258 Posts

Profile of Wilktone
The lack of customer service appears to be typical with this company. I ordered a set months ago and can't get any acknowledgement from them about my order or any answers to my question about when I can expect my order to be shipped. I've tried reaching out several times in multiple ways and just want to cancel my order now.

It's too bad, but I would not recommend anyone order directly from the source, they don't seem to be reliable.
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1369 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I deal with Roger in a wholesale capacity. He always comes through, but sometimes slow.
Over the last couple of years supply chain issues have hurt several businesses, this might be the case here.

Continue to reach out to Roger, you will get your answer.

All the best

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Wilktone
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville, NC
258 Posts

Profile of Wilktone
Thanks, Mark.

[quote]He always comes through, but sometimes slow.
Over the last couple of years supply chain issues have hurt several businesses, this might be the case here./quote]

I fully understand supply chain issues, but lack of communication is the real issue here. I shouldn't have to reach out multiple times over months to get a response from someone who has already taken my money. This is not good business practice. If someone else is considering ordering directly from the source here (normally a win, in my book) I would still advise against it.

Dave